When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep folded link bracelets

dieselpower

Are there any 19mm rep folded link bracelets on the market yet? Are they any good? I am putting together a 6263 project and am unsure which direction to go with the bracelet. I had a gen 6263 with 316 (I think!) endpieces and I liked the fact that it was a gen and I felt it 'legitimised' the watch somewhat. I am in the market for another gen but don't like the prices I am seeing.

To all 6263 experts which way would you go?

Thanks in advance.

I am sure there are 19mm folded link & rivet rep bracelets floating around, but none, that I am aware of, have made it to our favorite sellers listings yet. But, seeing how popular the rep 20mm rivets are, I am sure it is only a matter of time. Yuki sells a solid link 19mm 78350/557 for a very reasonable price that I think will fit a 62xx Daytona (I only use gen 7835/357s on mine, so I cannot guarantee the fit)

_DSC0278-1.jpg

Alternatively, here is a decent gen 7835/357 for a good price from a reliable seller.

Genuine thanks to the good people who have given me sound advice.

Gen 7835 with 357 end links purchased.

Now, on to the next stage...... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice!!! You sure dont waste time! You wont regret it trust me. Theres nothing like a gen bracelet, especially a vintage one.

:good:

@ Dizzy,

Thanks for advice and encouragement! I did indeed jump in quickly and I might have made a mistake. The bracelet I have bought has not got 357 endlinks (my mistake) it comes with 361 end links. Is this a problem? What's the difference? it is probably going to be fitted to a DW 7750 case.

Cheers.

No idea.. might be endlinks for an Airking or something. No big deal Im sure you can make them fit with a little bending if needed. No matter what end links you get, they will fit better than the DW endlinks.. even a 20mm endlink for a 1665 sea-dweller is a closer fit than the DW 571 endlinks in 19mm... haha. I threw my DW endlinks in the trash after trying to dremel them into submission.

Thanks! There were more than a couple of threads covering this build -huge headache that it was- but these are the main ones: Mixed Results, followed by Getting Better. It took several months to get it running reliably and a lot of help from the guys here, but it was worth it.

It's basically your standard DW 7750 build, with a gen bracelet, crystal, and crown. The only potential upgrade I'm mulling over is the bezel, after Freddy pointed out the new and improved Yuki unit.

Heres a nice gen bracelet for someone in 19mm.. 13 hours left if anyone is looking for a nice gen rivet. This one has 57 endlinks. This is the seller I got mine from. Not sure if Im allowed to post ebay links but this is NOT my auction, and it will probably turn out to be a good deal for someone who needs a gen bracelet for their daytona project.

ebay

edit: they also have a 7835 ending about the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a nice gen bracelet for someone in 19mm.. 13 hours left if anyone is looking for a nice gen rivet. This one has 57 endlinks. This is the seller I got mine from. Not sure if Im allowed to post ebay links but this is NOT my auction, and it will probably turn out to be a good deal for someone who needs a gen bracelet for their daytona project.

ebay

edit: they also have a 7835 ending about the same time.

Bought a 7835 from them. Thanks for the nice headsup, mate! :victory:

• 6 years later...

"You dug up a 7 year old thread!  My, how the prices have changed!"

Yep, a blast from the past.

No more 'Crazy Sales!'  :pimp:

Looks to me that since Yuki is getting $189 for a rivet oyster that a whole watch with one on it for $228 is not too much to pay.  The bracelet may not be as good as the Yuki model but if you figure half Yuki price ($90) for the bracelet, the rest of the watch is $138...not too bad in 2017.

For $138 you end up with a complete cartel case ($75, maybe more), clone 28xx movement ($60 +/-), dial/hands ($35 +/-) that can be sold to get most or all of the $138 back.  If the watch is like the pictures, it looks like there is plenty of metal around the lug holes so they can be drilled out without being too close to an edge.