When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's official, new a7753 236/250 is no longer

Guest Sql_pl

One member posted his QC pics here a few days ago and lume looked a bit weird... thought maybe it was a one off - but now there are new pics posted by RG member, hope he won't mind I use them here:

yaP93.jpg

Yt4cf.jpg

So they did correct subdial hand pins to be in silver but now made lume incorrect tone of green.

To be honest I prefer my subdial hand posts black than this lume....

The subdial pins don't really bother me, though maybe I'd change them from black to silver if I could. I agree, though, this new lume color is off. I've very happy with my 236, the crown and crown guard are unbelievable. I'd say the factories are well on their way to "getting it together."

LOL

Wearing mine right now relumed by Vac

The original rep lume wasn't too bad really but I had a lume coupon with Vac

I'm more curious to see how long it takes for these movements to crap out in mass

Vac and I believe Zig both said they were pretty dirty out of the box

IMG00754-20101023-1433.jpg

IMG00685-20100920-1345.jpg

I'm more curious to see how long it takes for these movements to crap out in mass

Vac and I believe Zig both said they were pretty dirty out of the box

+1 the only reason i don't have one is the freaking shitty Asian movement in it ;)

i just had 2many bad experience with Asia 77xx ...

cheers,

Frank

Always relume mine so that really doesnt bother me :) Shame though on the sub hands, I just done my 251 (( At least its now serviced :) :) After reading the break down of these its a no brainer :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well

Truth be told

I've already had problems with the chronograph

It would run and die and then not reset

Seems to be working ok now but there is definately a problem. Maybe with the power reserve, who knows

Since I got my 236 from The Zigmeister's full movement service I've been running chrono most of the time. When I need to time something i just reset and start over, otherwise it's my centre seconds. The power reserve is fine, though I haven't taken it off the wrist for more than 30-36 hours (with chrono stopped), just have to give my beloved honpo 29B some wrist time too :)

I can tell you the watch even feels different after the movement service - no more freespinning rotor, it's quieter, the pushers click sound and feel is better, and overall just feels more composed.

Great job by Zigmaister on those sub hands...they now look even better than gens ;)

What makes you think this has been to the Zig :p

I am sorry to say those powers of deduction have let you down mate for once ;)

Holy crap

Now I want a 251 as well

Hope Vac has a lumed one in stock

Wow that's some nasty lume right there. But a watch like this deserves a proper lume job anyway.

I think everyone who owns one of these daylights with a Swiss ETA 7753 and a Lello DW is hoping these Asian movements will all blow up soon!! I remember when a PAM that looked like that used to cost a lot of money !!

Do not accept that watch. Show them that we do not accept garbage.

Lume is not important to me, I asked for a good CG, and this one is one of the best you can get. I am puzzled with the colour of the lume though, as it does not look as green on all the QC pics, will have to see it in daylight and take some pics then. This might need to go for a movement service and a lume job with Domi's new machine anyway :)

Check out this picture, I can't see much greenish there, it could be the other pics were taken after a torch charge they do to get the lume shot (the lume shot for this one looks very strong), as I said, will have to look at it in a broad daylight to tell the colour.

post-391-0-02588200-1289683516.jpg

Edited by Polynomial