When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Show me your old reps - pre 2007

billywhiz

The rep world has moved on a lot in the last few years with some of the new outta box items being very good - many years ago it was more of a hunt to get that item 8) and as we always see on this board are references to the 05' this and 06' that -

just for a bit of fun - lets see your old reps from pre end of 06' so the newer members can see the stuff no longer available that has long since passed into the halls of time. 8)

Still on my wrist today, is the legendary 05' 196 - enjoy

pam1.jpg

pam3.jpg

The old school 05' SMP 2824

omega1c.jpg

The early stages of the 'Noobmariner' < early 06'

sub3w.jpg

It was a different world. Reps out of the box are better now but some of the oldies are still the best to ever come. Here are some older watches. Some are still in the box and some are gone. All are highly modded though. I just picked random pictures.

2007 Cousteau (so I guess it is post 2006)

IMGP0835.jpg

First gen 3717

DSCN1176.jpg

Original MBW Ap Franken

ap6MMBW.jpg

Older 24A

IMGP1792.jpg

Older 7753 Daylights

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Original Breitling Chrono Avenger

IMGP2693.jpg

We won't get into the Honpo PAM's or earlier MBW's. My general takeaway is that out of the box reps have gotten better but many of those reps can no longer have gen parts or movements added, So overall reps have gotten better but if you like adding gen parts it has gotten worse. The funny thing is older members like myself got so used to having to buy and then significantly upgrade that we don't know what to do with today's super reps.

As far as the "super reps" are concerned,might i suggest just wearing them,but then again,no fun In that :D

Please do not re-quote an entire post (including pics) just to add a line or 2 at the end.

I have been collecting watches/reps since the late 1970s, but I think this is the oldest rep I still have (from the early 80s). As you can see, we have come a long way over the past 30 years

6263-24HourWinneratDaytonarep1.jpg

This was my 1st decent Daytona (from the late 90s - I converted the pushers from Oyster to non-Oyster type)

PaulNewmanLemania-withRolexbuckleon.jpg

This is a current pic of my 1st DJ franken & its history. This was also the 1st rep I know of that had (originally white) tritium lume, which, as you can see, has since developed a patina exactly like a gen

006-2_2__tonemapped1-1.jpg

Cool topic!

Here are some of my oldies. Most of them are far gone by now.

Old Breitling rep. Bought from Silixtime in 2005.

Breitling_face_stopw.jpg

Even older Breitling rep. Bought in Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur in 2002..

Breitling_crap_wshot.jpg

( I am ashamed that I actually wore this.. Luckily it was just as crappy as it looks, and lasted a month.)

Omega X-33 replica, ca 2005. Cheap, but quite cool. Complicated piece. It even had blue backlight. I never managed to figure out how to deactivate the daily alarm. :pardon:

DSC_0813.jpg

Another piece from KL in 2002 was this nice Monza. It was the very watch which got me into replicas. Quartz-powered, but a good looker and excellent performer.

TAG-Monza_wristshot.jpg

White Tag Heuer Link, Silix, ca 2006. One of my very best and most believable replicas out of the box, ever.

DSC_0632.jpg

Here's some of mine and my lady's... some gen some reps:

img2464resizeng2.jpg

Still have my beautiful and upgraded 196 from about 2005:

img3217resizete3bw2.jpg

Destro sub!:

img3311bd3.jpg

TTK UPO!!!

img3813gi8.jpg

GST Ti

img2555resizeyg7.jpg

I tried an EL 127, but I look like a clown with my build :animal_rooster:

img2793resizenw6.jpg

Tony and I both loved my 91D

img2565resizenn7.jpg

Great thread, I recall seeing more than a few of these watches posted back then.

Pickups from El.

Had some other pics of these that were nicer, but found this pic of them on some GS straps back in the day. Woj and smatt were my other 2 favorites back then.

0002053ll1.jpg

One of the last from El, back from work from Zig.

0004500bd9.jpg

Bought in 04, came with a eta 2892 and was very pricey back then.

0004460kp9.jpg

Davids first pvd offerings which were the coolest [censored] back then.

0004469uz4.jpg

0004568jb8.jpg

Bugged dsn for 2 months after he came out with the 127 to make this for me.

0001998ij0.jpg

Purchased in 06, finished in early 07.

0003484bq1.jpg

I've got a few oldies kicking around the box! Mostly bought from senior members on here!

Pics of a few of them.

post-18919-0-93609500-1290613157.jpg

Old school Ti Seawolf and Old Chrono Avenger

post-18919-0-08243300-1290613208.jpg

Old Blue Link on the left with some Chief and Ziggy magic.

post-18919-0-10028100-1290613232.jpg

MBW AP ROO black themes and old school VC overseas

post-18919-0-85504800-1290613254.jpg

Old TWP 112h on the left.

post-18919-0-67015100-1290613291.jpg

MBW AP Millenary (pretty much impossible to get now, or so I'm told) and MBW AP RO Jumbo. ( Also have the smaller version of this which is like hens teeth!)

post-18919-0-31631600-1290613327.jpg

Watchmeister's old Ingy with Ziggy and Chiefs magic all over it!

I think there are a few more, but those are the ones I could find.

Sixx :bones:

Thank you very much sir!!

I love the Link too, I still don't understand why more people aren't into them?! I can feel a lot more than most people, because of my situation and all my Tags are incredibly well made! The finish on them is amazingly good and the Link bracelet is by far THE best feeling rep bracelet around IMO!!

Glad you liked them!

Sixx :bones:

Thank you very much sir!!

I love the Link too, I still don't understand why more people aren't into them?!

Link Chrono sold a LOT when it came out... I mean sh*tloads. It was among the best selling reps of that time.

The brushed version was never that popular though... I actually prefer that one.