When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

shipping back to China?

whoever

Hi there,

i'd like to know if there is a norme on shipping back a watch to a seller in China (Watcheden). I shipped my rep back on 2 of november, it hasn't arrived yet....there is no trace, tracking number isn't working, don't have a clue why...the nice french postmen told me that this was normal, "once it leaves the country, the number changes, and there is no way to know what happend" :bangin::bicycle:

I shipped the watch back, it was a first timer for me, a cheap but very nice Speedmaster, because i wanted to know if it would work out....but know i really start to regret this...i loved this watch...it stopped after only a week... :black_eye: )

It's not a drama, i know, but i'd like to know if there is a actual risk of losing it, customs, a black hole somewhere between Europe an Asia...?

Would be very pleased if somebody shares his experience with me...

thanks for looking!

cheers.

P.

I returned a watch to China on September 28th. It arrived in China on September 30th, then it was stuck until late October. One tracking update on October 15th, that it had arrived in Guangzho..

Finally, on November 4th, I got a mail from the seller with the tracking number for the returned watch. Finally, my Ploprof arrived home three days ago.. So 8-10 weeks seems reasonable (this was from Norway).

hey Whoever,

I've shipped back to that dealer many times, and multiple times for the same piece in some cases... I have found that it varies as much as what the others have said, but on adverage it takes about 6 weeks I would say. Of course it depends on what service you paid for. Did you send it registered so that you can trace where it's at??

It doesn't seem to take that long to get there. The hold up seems to be when it arrives in China. But in saying that, of all the times I have shipped back there, I am yet to lose a watch.

best of luck mate,

mg

I returned a watch to China on September 28th. It arrived in China on September 30th, then it was stuck until late October. One tracking update on October 15th, that it had arrived in Guangzho..

Finally, on November 4th, I got a mail from the seller with the tracking number for the returned watch. Finally, my Ploprof arrived home three days ago.. So 8-10 weeks seems reasonable (this was from Norway).

hey Whoever,

I've shipped back to that dealer many times, and multiple times for the same piece in some cases... I have found that it varies as much as what the others have said, but on adverage it takes about 6 weeks I would say. Of course it depends on what service you paid for. Did you send it registered so that you can trace where it's at??

It doesn't seem to take that long to get there. The hold up seems to be when it arrives in China. But in saying that, of all the times I have shipped back there, I am yet to lose a watch.

best of luck mate,

mg

thanks mates,

i payed for the classic registered airmail, but it seems to be inoperent when i comes to the tracking....so i have no idea where the hell it is... :nea:

maybe indeed a french problem!

anyway, it's nice to hear from you guys that i'm still in the average waiting time, i'll be patient then...

have a nice night/day.

cheers

P.

great to hear mate! :clapping: Glad the patience has paid off. I'm about to post one of mine off for another fix -hopefully with similar success to you.

Hope it makes it back now too. thanks for the update

matt

Just received a pm from Watcheden, the Speedmaster arrived safely in China... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

great way to start the day!

Lucky bastard. I shipped a faulty strap back to PT on the 5th of Nov. and it has yet to arrive. I emailed PT and he forgot all about it! It's all good though, giving it another week.

I go for registered first class mail each way after some experience.

I got tired of paying $25 to ship a rep watch that the seller was going to drop ship or order himself and ship it a week later. And my local post office treats EMS as just regular mail anyway, not Express Mail as they are required to do.

As for security, there is nothing better than registered mail for international shipments. It eventually turns up, and international first class is all airmail anyway. I would say the average for me each way US-China and vice versa is around 10-12 days.

If you are in the US, it is a little known fact that registered mail is trackable once it enters the country. Just make sure you get the number from the shipper.

i have to admit, i'm really surprised it arrived, i forgot to write the zipcode on the package.... :clapping:

Well, now i have to wait again....funny thing to think of....this tinny little, very cheap, but hel of a good looking watch travelled more around the world than myself....

i'm getting all nostalgic....i want it back.... :whistling::drinks:

Title should be: shipping back to China part 2:

and i'm a bit nrvous to post this, feel a bit naive and ashamed...but then i told myself, what the hell dude, share your

ignorance and learn in pain :(

The watch was shippêd back to me yesterday as the seller told me this morning, so i was really happy when i got up today. It is on its way back, somewhere in Singa i guess, so it should be home way before Christmas... :clapping:

BUT, in the minute i was reading the seller email i received the mail with the tracking number, and saw in the same mail that they charged me some money....!!!!

Problem is:

I don't know how much, it doesn't appear on my bankstatus yet, they have never told me how much i'd pay, and that i'd pay something! So paying without ANY info about it!!!!

I know i was maybe a bit naive, i have to admit, i really thought they would do it for free, as the watch broke a week and a half after i got it....so i didn't ask about eventual charges. Very naive you'd say too? Well, maybe....but i'd expected from a trusted dealer on this board that they'd at least tell me how much it would be, so i'm a bit angry...

I dropped a pm to the seller 5 minutes ago, to know HOW MUCH they'd charged me....so i'll wait for his answer....but i thought i'd share this.

This is for sure a newbie thing the admin team should pin on the newbie welcome thread: NEVER DO ANYTHING BEFORE ASKING HOW MUCH IT COSTS!!!! :bicycle::black_eye:

going to work with some stomacpain now....(where is the vomiting smiley?)

Edited by whoever

(where is the vomiting smiley?)

It's rarely necessary here with any of the recommended sources.

I suggest that you go to work, to sleep, or whatever works for you for the next few days and don't worry about things.

If time goes by and you get no positive results, then come back here and we'll discuss it on the basis of facts and not fears.

Carl

I suggest that you go to work, to sleep, or whatever works for you for the next few days and don't worry about things.

If time goes by and you get no positive results, then come back here and we'll discuss it on the basis of facts and not fears.

Carl

dont you think that's a bit rough Carl? Obviously he's been stung for not asking the question. The fact is that he has been charged a fee without consent!

I would expect that a dealer would disclose this to start with and that given the timeframe there would be no cost to the buyer other than the shipping to China. Even that I believe is a bit cheeky given the DOA rate from some sellers. One dealer on here I have had to return a perfect 10 out of 10.

I think you should let them know this is not acceptable Whoever and demand that you want to be reimbursed -at least through your next purchase. Other than that, we need to get serious abou leaving feedback for other members.

and check out Joshua's new QC policy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, that's bad luck. The only watch I've ever had to return was one i broke myself. There was no charge for repair or shipping. Just a kindly "please send it back, i will take care of it sir".

My only cost was the shipping from me to him.

Oh, and like someone above said in part one, it spent more time in transit on the mainland than it did from Aus to China.

Carl

dont you think that's a bit rough Carl? Obviously he's been stung for not asking the question. The fact is that he has been charged a fee without consent!

I would expect that a dealer would disclose this to start with and that given the timeframe there would be no cost to the buyer other than the shipping to China. Even that I believe is a bit cheeky given the DOA rate from some sellers. One dealer on here I have had to return a perfect 10 out of 10.

I think you should let them know this is not acceptable Whoever and demand that you want to be reimbursed -at least through your next purchase. Other than that, we need to get serious abou leaving feedback for other members.

and check out Joshua's new QC policy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well i think it's not normal too...even though i didn't ask right away. As i said, i feel stupid enough not to...but well.

I've let Watcheden know via pm and mail. Now i'll see how it turns out. (i don't quote the name of the dealer to accuse him, if you look at my first post, i've already mentionned them).

(and i still think we should add a vomiting smiley....it's always funny to look at....)

Thanks for your thoughts gents, feeling better right now! Thats what i like about RWG, always nice people!!

I'll keep you updated

see you later

You should always read the seller's return policy before placing your 1st order (this is especially true of non-RWG-listed sellers). This goes for non-watch goods, too. That way, there is 1 less surprise later on, or, if there is, you at least have something to point to when confronting the seller.

In this case, before posting here, you should have (& still should, if you have not done so already) email the seller for a clarification. Often, what the buyer thinks is a charge turns out not to be (either a mistake, misunderstanding, misreading or a tactic used by the seller to foil customs).

Hmm, OK, this just confirms what I've heard about Watcheden, their prices are cheap as they deal in lower end reps BUT, they charge you for every darn little thing.

It's not rough at all. It was very calming, after all. If your imagination has taken control, buying illegal reps could cause a loss of sleep or whatever. We are not there yet.

Without the facts, it's just conjecture, fear of the unknown, etc. We are only talking about the fear of being stung at this point.

Let's all just wait for the outcome and discuss the facts, not what we might think could happen for buying counterfeit goods over the internent.

Rest easy.

Carl

'morning gents,

Ok, i got some news from W-Eden:

They told me they didn't charge anything at all, the fixing was free, and that they didn't understand neither. So it was surely a mistake in the email...for one reason or another.

Great news!

I'm happy to hear it, i'm thankfull for the support here, really. I think even if i wasn't sure about the facts, i just wanted to share my doubts, and i think the forum is there for that...but i didn't think that Carl's reaction was rude, so no harm here....it's just that it's not always easy to see in your mail that you got to pay sth without knowing...:) and i'm not in a financial situation in which i could say i don't give a damn.... :whistling: (yeah, some would say "get your hands of reps then!"...but i can't.... :clapping: )

For what it's worth, i don't really know the feedbacks about W-Eden, like rek001 told us, but i have to say, even if the watch broke quite quickly, W-eden responded always VERY soon after my mails, shipping was fast, and, the Speedmaster i got was really nice, especially if you consider the price! When i changed the strap at my watchsmith he was really stunned about the quality of the dial etc.

Now, i'm waiting for this beauty....thanks for your support guys!

Have a nice day

Edited by whoever

Well that's good news, after all.

I was thinking of buying a few quartz chronos from Watcheden, and was hesitating...now I think I will do business with them.

It's good news.

Most of the time it is. My posts in trying to help you through this, are about that things usually work out well in the end, particularly with "collectors" known here.

Ordering that first rep, or the first rep from a dealer previously unknown to you, is stressful. I certainly remember the stress I went through the first time, six years ago.

Tracking itself can cause some stress the first time when you see 'sent to customs" and figure that your much desired watch will be confiscated or you might be getting some attention from the "authorities". It's just the normal course of events. It's usually ignorable. I have bought dozens of reps so I have had a few problems. They were all worked out mutually. Be prepared to do that.

A part of buying any rep can be the thrill of the risk involved, but there are few stories about failures, and they are usually solved to everyone's satisfaction.

So my point in this thread, and my previous posts, is this: read, read, and read the posts and archives on this forum. You will reach a comfort level at some point, and then buy that watch you want.

If you have an actual problem, you will definitely get some useful help here.

"Carl out"

that's great news mate. Glad it worked out for you.

Fair point Carl. I thought you were having a go at the man, who was obviously distressed. Like you, I've bought a couple dozen now, off 3 of our 'trusted' with pretty mixed results. They've each communicated well, but insisted on different postage charges. Though I'm not that demanding, so perhaps I need to go in bargaining more strongly :pardon:

all's well that ends well huh.

all the best,

matt

It's good news.

Most of the time it is. My posts in trying to help you through this, are about that things usually work out well in the end, particularly with "collectors" known here.

Ordering that first rep, or the first rep from a dealer previously unknown to you, is stressful. I certainly remember the stress I went through the first time, six years ago.

Tracking itself can cause some stress the first time when you see 'sent to customs" and figure that your much desired watch will be confiscated or you might be getting some attention from the "authorities". It's just the normal course of events. It's usually ignorable. I have bought dozens of reps so I have had a few problems. They were all worked out mutually. Be prepared to do that.

A part of buying any rep can be the thrill of the risk involved, but there are few stories about failures, and they are usually solved to everyone's satisfaction.

So my point in this thread, and my previous posts, is this: read, read, and read the posts and archives on this forum. You will reach a comfort level at some point, and then buy that watch you want.

If you have an actual problem, you will definitely get some useful help here.

"Carl out"

that's great news mate. Glad it worked out for you.

Fair point Carl. I thought you were having a go at the man, who was obviously distressed. Like you, I've bought a couple dozen now, off 3 of our 'trusted' with pretty mixed results. They've each communicated well, but insisted on different postage charges. Though I'm not that demanding, so perhaps I need to go in bargaining more strongly :pardon:

all's well that ends well huh.

all the best,

matt

:drinks: