When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMG Look what I bought by accident !

PeteM

I am still reeling from the shock of owning this but I thought I was buying a gen 217 dial but look what gen dial I realised I bought when it arrived...... stupid luck for me :) :) I cannot get the smile off my face !!!

Thanks guys :)

I still cant believe I own this !!! I am smiling like a cheshire cat !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::D :D

And then there were 7 !!! Or rather there will be :)

This is a gen dial for a 267. Its a 47mm Brown MM dial.

A few years back OP found 200 of the Angelus movements F240 lying around in a stock room. They decided to refurb these and with them release 150 units of the 203. I believe there are also a few OOR's.

Then due to some kicking up by some big buying Paneristi they released an additional Angelus run of 6 units with Brown MM dials these were the 267. Thats the short story :) So there is a family of MMs the 217, 267, and 6152-1

As I mentioned there are 6 in the world, 2 in the US, 1 in Dubai and 3 in Italy........ but soon there will be another :)

Heres a pic of the gen watch

Bollix I say...you can't sell me that story...you knew exactly what you were getting, I know you far to well matey!

:D

Seriously though, what a find, I'm sure the AD will be kicking themselves soon after realising what they've just done.

I smell a magnificent franken...probably the most elusive one of modern Panerai times - good on 'ya mate!

Congrats on a wonderful find. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Now best of luck with sourcing that movement. You know you can't put that dial and hands into a watch with an alarm movement. -_-

Funnily enough already seen a gen movement ;)

This will need to be 'OOR' Stefan ;)