When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2895-2 Vs 2892-a2

crystalcranium

Just bought a Hamilton Dodson with a 21 jewel, 28,000bph automatic movement ETA base 2895-2 and when I looked it up in an ETA database, it has 2892-A2 next to it as a sub designation. Are they virtually the same movement? I think it said the 2895 was a year 2000 design so perhaps it post dates the 2892???

Thnkks

C

Just bought a Hamilton Dodson with a 21 jewel, 28,000bph automatic movement ETA base 2895-2 and when I looked it up in an ETA database, it has 2892-A2 next to it as a sub designation. Are they virtually the same movement? I think it said the 2895 was a year 2000 design so perhaps it post dates the 2892???

Thnkks

C

2895-2 is based on 2892-A2... but it have small second on 6 o´clock.

2892 have center second

2895-2 is based on 2892-A2... but it have small second on 6 o´clock.

2892 have center second

If that's the case, this would be perfect for the PAM automatics. Just rotate 90 degrees, but is this possible, or will the crown location move as well ? Maybe some gearing to move it from 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock?

Similarly, if there a is 2893 equivalent of this with a sub-seconds, perhaps that can be used for the GMT PAMs?

:g:

If that's the case, this would be perfect for the PAM automatics. Just rotate 90 degrees, but is this possible, or will the crown location move as well ? Maybe some gearing to move it from 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock?

Similarly, if there a is 2893 equivalent of this with a sub-seconds, perhaps that can be used for the GMT PAMs?

:g:

pam´s with small second on 9 o´clock and automatic movement has a 7750 movement. And this is correct, because genuine used also this movement. ETA 2895 is not good for pam´s rep, because diffucult to remove small second from 6 to 9 o´clcok... also is the size between middle and small second to short for pam´s.