When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best out of the box Vintage Rolex?

ArkoN

A good question which will have many responses & opinions! I recently purchased from " Trusty" a 1655 Exp 2 which has exceptional correctness about it. There is a one on one comparison by "Joshua" which tell an excellent story of this rep. W/ a little bit of gentle massaging mine looks very close to my prized gen. The rep has a splendid folded oyster bracelet which is stunning w/ a very credible buckle....That's my story

Regards, mcotter

I agree I don't know of a single rep that wouldn't benefit fom some modding, some more than others.:huh: However if I were to pick a best "out of the box" Rep, it would have to be the WM9/BK version 1,2 or 3 16610 Submariner. they aren't perfect, but they are really,really good. :1a:

The most satifying vintage rep out of the box is a MBW GWSD. First off it has that great wrist appeal in general with the superdome crystal and nice fit and finish. Now if you take that watch and do the following you have one incredible watch at a relativly nominal price:

Shave the CG

Drill the lug holes and install the correct size springbars

Install a PMW insert and Ofrie pearl

Install Clark Superdome or flat top. (I prefer the superdome)

Install correct tube and crown

So we are talking 400.00 for the base watch and another 400.00 or so in mods. So thats 800.00 bucks for a near perfect GWSD.

The most satifying vintage rep out of the box is a MBW GWSD. First off it has that great wrist appeal in general with the superdome crystal and nice fit and finish. Now if you take that watch and do the following you have one incredible watch at a relativly nominal price:

Shave the CG

Drill the lug holes and install the correct size springbars

Install a PMW insert and Ofrie pearl

Install Clark Superdome or flat top. (I prefer the superdome)

Install correct tube and crown

So we are talking 400.00 for the base watch and another 400.00 or so in mods. So thats 800.00 bucks for a near perfect GWSD.

......but then it won't be out of the box :shock: !

OP would be wise to turn around and leave now or come this time a year from now he'll be sinking $1,000+ into a franken concoction. heed my warning, GO NO FURTHER. :rolleyes:

madness will consume you... :Jumpy:

Oh, yes it will! I've been there about a year ago :D but then again I'm very happy with my V726 6263 now! 8);)

Josh has just released new 5512/5513/1680:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0rlsv01004-vintage-1680-white-asia-2836-best-p-9479.html

Are they the same as ones sold by PT a while ago? Thoses ones seem to have a correct bezel construction...

these might be the best out of the box to wear and go, but for modding something into a franken i dont think it would be worth it, spend the money and start with a good case and go from there. anyone going to buy the Josh one? i would love to see what gems or negatives it has, particularly the bracelet, so far the endlinks are incorrect.