When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Real AP Diver is out! (Teaser Pic)

edgematic1

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that the actual AP Diver has been improved : the caseback is correct now and the crown at 10 is a screw-in crown (you need to unscrewed it to turn the inner bezel)...so now only the flaw of the date window remains..

I can confirm that the actual AP Diver has been improved : the caseback is correct now and the crown at 10 is a screw-in crown (you need to unscrewed it to turn the inner bezel)...so now only the flaw of the date window remains..

The 10 crown should also be bigger. Remaining flaw aside of the date window is the wrong case (too tick and too narrow).

The 10 crown should also be bigger. Remaining flaw aside of the date window is the wrong case (too tick and too narrow).

All the flaws on the V1 in a list:

- Datewheel is white (should be fixed now on most of the V1's)

- Case and bezel too thick

- Metal surrounds on markers too thick

- Bezel screws should be slightly recessed

- Round date window

- Some rehaut markers are too thin & the lume filling of the stick markers is too thin

- Caseback engraving is totally wrong (should be fixed by now? though the caseback detailing could be better, the Driver replica has a great caseback like this)

- The printing "Audemars Piguet" and "300m/1000ft", "AUTOMATIC" should be printed on a separate plate

- The crown at 10 o´clock is wrong as well and should be bigger....it should only show an engraved ring around it....the rep now shows an edged/step-design.

- The crown at 3 should be slightly bigger as well.

- A tiny detail more....the endlinks will not be smooth with the case but stand out a bit, saw that on many gen ROO´s now and the rep looks way better hahaha.

- And one more tiny detail....the gen DIVER does NOT show any gasket on the caseback (between case and caseback) like all the other ROO´s!!!

These are the flaws Theo and I discussed about. I don't know if there are more.

I have ordered a new case so I will post some pics

I send it to Uwe as you can see...

I bought it from King

Edited by Yannou