When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good case for Pre-V project?

praetor

Hi, I bought this 111 thinking that I just wanted something decent, but it turns out that it's just a POS.

However, I'd like to think that I didn't just blow $100 on it, so I wanted to use this case for modding. so I filed down the lugs to a flatter shape, but I can't seem to get it too flat for some reason? help? Thanks for any input.

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1518-1.jpg

IMG_1517-1.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

Positives:

- no case dimple?

- short fat lugs

Negatives:

- bezel needs to be replaced (jackson tse?)

- and rehaut is too thick (maybe a thicker custom dial?)

I'd say for $100 you got a pretty good deal. Case looks like it could be used for a nice build. Bezel is a little high for later series, but may be right for earlier ones. By the way, the CG just needs flipping :D, and it will be a satisfactory, not great, A-F CG....

Of course if you still feel like it's a POS, I'll take it off your hands locally ;)

Thanks, but trust me, you don't want to buy this watch... I got it off watcheden:

http://www.watcheden.com/panerai-luminor-marina-unitas-6497-movement-with-swan-neck-i-20647-p-1.html

because I thought that I don't like Pams that much and that this should satisfy me >.>

Everything except the case and movement belongs to the garbage bin.

The thing about the case is the lugs weren't sharp and were not flat to begin with. I had to work my ass off trying to flatten it,

after which it was 1000% better. I'm determined to think that I didn't waste my money on it,but I got somewhat lucky I guess.

I've read somewhere that you can take off the bezel, since it's machine pressed and replace it with something else. I think jackson's case, only $30, is good to replace this bezel with.

Edited by praetor