When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new 42mm UVPO has arrived (added gen comparison pics)

signumboy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing. Looks really good. Almost identical to 4th gen.

Is the clasp much thicker than the bracelet? My 4th gen had that problem. Some qc pics of this model look that way too.

How Is the ar? Close to gen?

Any chance of exact crystal diameter, I'm wondering if it will transplant onto my 4th gen.

Edited by matt2302

This does look like an ultimate version of the 42mm. Definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the 4th gen. A little bit better than the UPO. Not perfect but real close

Some things i noticed.

-AR coating is definitely better than stock out of the box UPO

-Pearl is better than the UPO

-Improved caseback, not just with the anti-counterfeit logo but with the engraving of the hippocampus

-Omega logo is better than UPO but not perfect

-He valve is in correct position

-The "952" on the bracelet endlink is upside down

Also noticed that looks like there is a blemish on the dial on the rightside of the Omega logo. Now that's QC fail.

Overall looks good :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BTW how's the lume on this version?

Edited by luckyman

I'm looking at Joshua's site right now and the price seems to have dropped quite a bit, also it would seem that the movement is no longer listed as the 25j ETA or Asian clone, it's now listed as an Asian 4813 clone. The price is definitely right but is the movement significantly worse?

I don't know that it is worse, just lower grade. On the non-chrono's it should be reliable. simple movement.....but reliable.

Did some googling, the 4813 is a clone of the miyota (citizen) 8125 movement of which I have (and had) in at least 2 watches and it works fine so not a problem. I placed my order a little bit ago, can't wait.

Did some googling, the 4813 is a clone of the miyota (citizen) 8125 movement of which I have (and had) in at least 2 watches and it works fine so not a problem. I placed my order a little bit ago, can't wait.

Nice one. Is this the $128 version? Please do share some pix when you get it. Thanks!