When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waiting for A7753 PAM187...

prdubis

Hi there,

I've just shot some pics of my ETA7753 PAM187, relumed by The Zigmeister...Again, a perfect job! :-)

CG has been reworked and CG pin flattened and polished...DW is from Lello...

Waiting for an ultimate case to be released and I will swap the movement and dial! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

P1000121.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000123.jpg

P1000124.jpg

P1000125.jpg

P1000127.jpg

P1000128.jpg

What can be improved?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i must say this is a mighty fine modded 187. visually, i'd say it's a good 90-95% close to gen.

you are right about the two-toned lume. i have a gen 187, and my dial markers are developing a nice patina ahead of the hands, thus emphasising a two-toned effect.

probably the only visual difference i can pick out from your pics is that the rep 187 dial seems to have "coarser" concentric rings in the sub-dials, while the gen 187 subdials have much finer concentric rings, such that the subdials almost appear to have a flat smooth texture to the naked eye. some pics of my 187 below to show the finer concentric rings in the subdials:

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

couple more pics to share of my gen 187, and i'll say again yours sure looks pretty close to the real deal! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

02ee368b.jpg

4d624441.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this is true. The 187 is by far my favorite watch. I have been through two of these with nothing but problems. The bezel tends to jam and the markers fall off. It is impossible to buy replacement markers from the dealers (I have tried and tried and tried). I have one right now that will need to have a case swap as the bezel is jammed. Maybe I will just sit tight and hope the issues with the case are addressed. I wont however get my hopes up.

• 5 months later...

Any word if a A7753 model ever materialized ? I haven't seen one.

I have a gen and love the watch but it has been a pain in the ass and expensive to keep running. It just returned from its second trip to Italy in five years after some of the hand lume flaked off. Previously it's lost a bezel marker and stopped running. I would be a little disappointed if these things happened to a rep, but when it happens to a gen that I paid $9k for it is really frustrating.

So if I can ever find a good rep, I'd sell the gen in a minute! The more reps I have the more I believe the gens are seriously overrated.

Edited by guru

In spite of your problems I am still very jealous. But you wouldn't be the first to buy a rep and put the gen away. Back in the day there were a pair of brothers who both owned the gen but wore the rep. By the way $9k is a great price for that piece. And yes, I am eagerly awaiting the rep. The way I figure it you never know exactly when it is coming but 9 times out of 10 when there is a rumor it does ultimately come out so I will continue to be patient. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In spite of your problems I am still very jealous. But you wouldn't be the first to buy a rep and put the gen away. Back in the day there were a pair of brothers who both owned the gen but wore the rep. By the way $9k is a great price for that piece. And yes, I am eagerly awaiting the rep. The way I figure it you never know exactly when it is coming but 9 times out of 10 when there is a rumor it does ultimately come out so I will continue to be patient. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes I emailed Connie and was told to wait a little bit for the A7753 so hopefully it is coming soon. Wishful thinking is it will preserve the good features of the A7750 case with a correct engraved HEV, AR sapphire crystal, and good lume plus of course the functionality of the A7753. Sadly knowing how the factories tend to snatch defeat from the hands of victory, I fully expect something new to be screwed up.

The 187 was the first nice gen I bought, about seven years ago. It has probably gone up in value even though it got quite a bit of use and has some battle scars. I have also put about $1,500 into it between its various trips back to the factory - some for routine service, the rest to fix things that should never have broken in the first place. It is a beautiful piece, I wore it yesterday for the first time in a while. In a funny way the little marks and dings actually complements the piece... they add character to a rugged watch. Those same little defects would bother me much more on a rep!