When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waiting for A7753 PAM187...

prdubis

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that this is about as Impressive a replication that I have ever seen :good: It's not cheep at around $460.00, but these 187's go for around $12.000-15.000. Outside of a servicing the movement I dont see much more(if anything) that one would have to do. I will have to see a up close and personal review before I purchase. But so far I love what I see...props to the factories :drinks: Mike

I've been waiting for sooo long to see this watch nicely repped. And here it is....but why did they make that crownguard wrong???

Sent from my iPhone

yep, the CG is a let down. Shape, pin, ... no reason why take all the effort with the rest of the case and put that CG there.

Lume is wrong and that's a pity :-(

They did not lume the subdials markers...

Pity indeed. I wonder if we can find a lume shot of the gen.

perhaps I can help to put to rest any speculation about how bright the lume on the gen should be.

in short, i'd say "what lume?" :)

i do not discount the possibility that a gen 187 which is a safe queen and hasn't seen the light of day since 2004 might still have a strong tritium glow, akin to those torch-like superlume.

the tritium deteriorates at a different rate depending on the climate; i happen to live in a tropical humid climate, which may perhaps have accelerated the patina on my watch. plus it's not a safe queen, so it's been around the block quite a lot, much more than most girls might have. so if you plan to achieve a nice patina look for your 187, then you might want to take a look at my pics below before you decide whether to relume the dial or "de-lume" :) Of course, it's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day, some prefer torch-like glow regardless, some prefer to focus on achieving accuracy.

a patina i'm proud of for a watch that's 7 years old:

SAM_8294.jpg

lume shot taken almost immediately after a short tan in the sun:

SAM_8297.jpg

lume shot taken 1 min after first lume shot above:

SAM_8298.jpg

lume shot taken 2 mins after first lume shot:

SAM_8299.jpg

so i say again.. what lume?? ;)

I`d like to see some pictures from real watch...not these dealers "marketing" pictures.

Thinking of buying one, but price...I have to think a little + I have too many watches already...

I think it's going to be a great rep even at this price, especially when you think of $500+ AP reps that have a notoriously unreliable movement.

It's no super rep, but definitely still the best out there if you always had the hots for a 187. I'm sure the factory will sell out the initial production batch, though I'm not sure if this is a model that they will see sustained demand as compared to the more popular PAM reps like 005, 111 etc.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I think it's going to be a great rep even at this price, especially when you think of $500+ AP reps that have a notoriously unreliable movement.

It's no super rep, but definitely still the best out there if you always had the hots for a 187. I'm sure the factory will sell out the initial production batch, though I'm not sure if this is a model that they will see sustained demand as compared to the more popular PAM reps like 005, 111 etc.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Agreed. But I think I still need one, bro.. :p

Sent from my SGS II

perhaps I can help to put to rest any speculation about how bright the lume on the gen should be.

in short, i'd say "what lume?" :)

so i say again.. what lume?? ;)

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the tritium on a Panerai degrades versus Rolex. My '66 Rolex has better glow and is closer to yellow than my PAM 170 which would be around 2003 or so. The other thing I can't explain is that my PAM dials with surrounds on the marker seem to "go brown" much faster than say a 24A dial which remains fairly yellow. I have a 24A dial sitting out in the open as a spare and it is still the original yellow and I am in a moderate climate (Northeast USA).