When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's here! UVPO 42mm with DG4813 Mvmt

rcook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it 100% sure info that DG4813 will NOT work with gen hands and dial? I feel like ordering a gen dial/hand/bezel combo from ofrei...

What about date wheel then - are eta dw's interchangeable with DG movements?

And if not - can I just throw a 2824 or 2836 in easily as they see to be cheap enough to do it like this and not wait for another whole watch with eta only to throw half of it away anyway?

I know you sold yours already, but others will probably want to know the answers to these questions

Gen dial will physically fit on a DG4813. However, dial feet would be in the wrong place. It seems like a crime to clip the feet of a gen dial. Hands will definitely NOT fit. Datewheel will not fit. You can throw a 2824 in no problem, I think with this particular case the 2836 might be too far off on the stem height but no way to know without trying. You probably need a new movement holder anyway.

As for buying a parts watch, you could probably sell the parts and cover enough of the cost to make it worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just received my 42MM PO with DG4813 from andrew.

I'm really happy with this watch, it's really nice. It's unbeatable for the price.

I had to solve the claps issue by tuning a bit the claps spring and fitting the bracelet to my size was a little tought but I did it.

DSC_0113.jpg

Bad new for me... The crown won't screw down anymore on the tube. I decided to order a gen tube and crown to see if I can do something with it.... I'll keep you informed (I saw many great tutorials here...My biggest worry is to remove the tube, I don't know if I necessarily need to remove the movement)

Bad new for me... The crown won't screw down anymore on the tube. I decided to order a gen tube and crown to see if I can do something with it.... I'll keep you informed (I saw many great tutorials here...My biggest worry is to remove the tube, I don't know if I necessarily need to remove the movement)

You definitely have to. I have the same problem with the crown/tube after setting my brand new UPO for the first time. Seems to be a general problem. I will order the gen tube an crown and let it fit by my watchmaker.

Edited by Apahach

• 5 months later...