When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's here! UVPO 42mm with DG4813 Mvmt

rcook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only wore the watch for about half a day. I find it comfortable to wear and I am thinking about getting one for myself. I am getting it because my dad wants to get the genuine I am going to let him wear it around to see if he really likes the size of it. I like it and would probably go in for a swiss with the orange for myself just because of being able to get the genuine parts for it easier lol. I will work on getting other shots if someone wanted ones of specific areas of it.

I really like it and the only complaint I have is that the crown is a little sticky when screwing and unscrewing. Also the date changes are a little tough I don't know if that is just the movement or if something else is up with it.

I also love my cheap milgauss which has been running for quite sometime without any problems lol. Hope that this is just as good.

@jchurch: could you post some close up shots of the dial showing the omega logo. I'm on the fence on this one since some of the pics I've seen for this model seem to indicate an incorrect logo but yours showed it to be perfect although it had bad lighting. Also a wristie would be awesome :)

Ordered the swiss version did anyone have any problems with the endlinks slots on the stainlees steel strap where you access the springpins this let down my watch and im thinking of swopping the strap for a leather or rubber

I will get some shots on Monday... Doing some work in the datacenter at the office today (moving servers out of racks) didn't want to break it especially since it isn't for me lol. I will get some macro shots of the dial on Monday. So look for them sometime before Monday afternoon. As far as the logo being perfect or correct or what not goes I am not really a huge stickler on many things (I swear my cheap milgauss has the etching lined up lol) but having said that I will say that it isn't a glaring flaw if it is one at all. If anything on the dial sticks out to me it is the fact that the lume dies off so darn quick (Something that always happens with a replica lol) Why can't there be good, high-end quality lume on these from the factory lol. But the logo or font size and type appear to me to be of at least a decent match. I don't run into people too many times who want to pull out devices to measure how off the fonts are lol.

I ordered it on the leather, i suspect leather imitation is what was received but I don't know. Because the person I am ordering it for doesn't like metal bands. I can't really comment on how the end links fit. The leather doesn't seem all that bad and there isn't any smell or anything like that coming from it.

I wore it yesterday all day and it seemed to lose a few minutes but that could be how I set it also I don't really know.

For me the only thing that bothers me is that darn sticky crown and how the date requires a little more pressure then I would like to apply to change. But again those could be caused by the cheap movement (I haven't had anything Asian outside of the A7750 and none of my A7750s have dates lol) and the crown thingy could just be how mine is and others might not have that problem. If the person I bought it for doesn't want it I would have no problem keeping it for myself (for a little while anyhow). I am satisfied with the purchase.

to change a dg with an eta you will need to cut the dial feet and get new hands, the best bet would be to get the eta clone if it is offered

what is the likelihood that replacement DG4813's from Ofrei and the like will drop in, without the old tales of woe regarding, what was it.. canon pinion being too short?

I'd love to try one of these out, but there is a big jump from 150 for 4813 to 275 for clone ETA (ive factored $25 on top of thelisted price for EMS shipping). Those prices are make or break, respectively. Knowing the 4813 model has the ability to be repaired, with a cheap engine swap, would be good.

Sorry about missing the photographs yesterday... Was in bed almost all day with the flu feeling worlds better today so on to some photographs. Again no good lighting. I should break out some of my gear and get something better but I have been trying to clean up a lot of it.

Click the images and it will go to the full size image so you see all the little imperfections. These aren't zoomed or cropped images just some macro shots.

Direct flash on the dial (really harsh lighting)

5367614522_f706b889ec.jpg

5367615006_cf277c80d4.jpg

5367003647_8471de1775.jpg

5367616002_eba3db0c02.jpg

Bounced flash 45 degree angle.

5367004687_0ca46b0309.jpg

Hopefully those shots are good enough of the logo to determine if it is good enough for you or not.

If I were buying one for myself I would go for the swiss version, change the crown and tube and look at genuine hands and dial. Not because of the logo but because of the lume. If I couldn't find the hands and dial cheap I would likely send it off to VAC or The Zigmeister for a lume and service instead of the hands and dial. But that's just me.

Very first impression - this is one of the best rep deals ever! Sure there are some flaws, pearl protrudes a bit too much, dial and date wheel fonts are silver instead of white and the lume may be a little too off-white compared to gen but to be honest none of the flaws really stands out and shouts - LOOK AT ME, IT'S A FAKE!!

Case, bezel teeth, bracelet, clasp, caseback - they are all very nice. AR is not up to gen omega standards but also more than acceptable in real life.

When you consider you get all this for a little bit over $100 shipped it is a no brainer. Compare this to other $100 junk available... it's crazy!

Some eyecandy... my 2 divers... one worth ten times more than the other, almost in a gen-rep fashion! :)

po3ja.jpg

po4o.jpg

I am glad I got the cheapo version of the PO. I think it is the best value for money. I didn't want swiss version because I do not plan to mod it with gen parts. With gen prices at $1.6-2.0k I think I may as well get the gen. Shame is my engine work now will cost like twice of that so I guess I need to stick to the "el cheapo" for a while :bangin: