When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just want to share some pics of one of the best reps out there! The All Black Portu!

concepta

I love this one! I don´t know why so many of my customers choose the 3714-01 over the 3714-38.

This is as i see it the absolutely best rep of the Portu series (with rep dial that is)

This one have a gen heart transplanted and wears a gen strap for Sunday dinner.

Big thanks to JC for letting me use his pics!

portu007.jpg

portu009.jpg

portuandothers031.jpg

portuandothers014.jpg

portu017.jpg

portuandothers018.jpg

• Like 1

People prefer the white dial because every other watch they have has a black dial. :lol: Seriously, a very beautiful piece. Out of curiousity does the gen movement add some heft to these Portuguese reps. I bought a couple when they first came out and they just felt cheap. I know a lot of people will disagree but it always felt like an $80 rep. I am guessing the proper movement adds some heft. It also could be just me as all my other watches do have more heft and I have never been a Blancpain lightweight guy.

I read the portuguese have problems with dodgy chronos, is that right?

yep, the rep movement with the function in this particular rep has a high probability of breaking down. You could get the rep movement serviced but it won't make the movement 100% stable.

Concepta offers the genuine IWC movement for this watch. If you let him construct one for you, you get a watch you can confidently wear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Excuse my ignorance, Concepta, but I'm new and don't know. You say in your OP that "so many of your customers choose the 3714-01". Where would one make such a choice? Is there a web site I can go an check out what you have, as this 3714-38 is my absolute dream, and I'm looking for the best place to acquire a high-end rep. Thank you! :)