When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai straps question

srleadjb

Hello all,

New to the site and Panerai. I'm awaiting a Pam 288 and I want to get a few different straps for it. I'm also looking at a few other Panerai models and I'm trying to educate myself about the different sizes and buckles that come OEM. Also, I'm trying to figure out which sizes would work on different models or may be interchangeable. For instance, the Radiomir style seems to allow for different width straps. Lastly, are there any particular protocols for straps on certain models. I mean, I realize that this is a personal decision and depends on taste but historically I would imagine that you would not put certain straps on certain models just because it is too far from what is authentic. Or am I over complicating it?

Thanks for any knowledge you may share!

The 288 will take a 27 or 26 mm at the lugs.

If you want to use the deployant it comes with its a 20mm at buckle but remember when ordering or choosing to make sure its a strap for deplyant!! These are thinner than most straps to allow fitment of the buckle.

Then you could use a Luminor deployant at 22mm again remember strap must be for deployant.

Or you can use a buckle these can be got in 22, 24 and 26mm Choice of buckles is long and varied from OEM Tang Thumb etc to Pig etc etc

So you could order 27/20 for deployant or 26/26 for buckle etc etc.

The choice of strap is yours, most Ristis will swap out their original straps for good hand made versions however IMHO you cant beat OEM on a watch like this or an OEM look. I posted a nice OEM style strap 27/22mm on deployant on mine in the straps section. I also have posted some pics of it on my OEM JV 26/26 on deployant.

If you look around here and RG you will see loads of pics posted and similar questions posted for the 288 :)

Good Luck mate :thumbsupsmileyanim: There is no right or wrong when choosing your strap!!!

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=123696

You're over a complicating it . If you like it then why not? That's the thing with Pams you can changed the strap pretty easily so adding new leather is fun. The Radiomir 27/22 and these straps are not as common as the regular 24/24 or 24/22 variety. The thing is these Rads are quite dressy looking and a smarter strap would probably suit it better than a more heroic/ ammo type. Looking the sales section on Risti or try hktan