When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th gen 42mm PO Modded

starman351

Great pics.

Was the starter watch an ETA clone or ETA version? I'm planning to get one for gen dial/hands mod.

The gen strap fits perfectly? I have a 4th gen and the

strap I tried flipped out (could have been a rep strap but was sold as gen).

Mine is a gen eta. Not the clone. It's now with Domi getting datewheel and gen crystal installed too! Can't wait to get it back.

Great pics.

Was the starter watch an ETA clone or ETA version? I'm planning to get one for gen dial/hands mod.

The gen strap fits perfectly? I have a 4th gen and the strap I tried flipped out (could have been a rep strap but was sold as gen).

It was a clone. Not too sure of the quality of the gen ETA's from the dealers so I tend to save the money and buy a clone. I figure if it gives me trouble down the road I can swap in a guaranteed ETA from Ofrei.

Strap fits just fine. You have to use the right spring bars, and may have to fiddle with it a bit to get them to engage, but the gaps around the case etc. are good.

OP, or anyone else for that matter! Slightly off topic but seeing as you dismantled the watch :) could you tell me are the end lug areas on the case of these 5th gens perfectly polished or brushed so that it would take an after market strap i.e. leather or maratac or something.... and not look ridiculous with half finished machine marks on the end link area of the case?

Am i right in saying parts are only interchangable if you get the swiss movement version rather than the DG?

Im still on the fence trying to justify buying one!

All genuine parts should be compatible if you purchase the swiss/clone ETA version...gen dial and hands will not be compatible with the DG version.

• 2 weeks later...