When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all Cartier Santos Experts

mrboombasteke

for those with the ultimate super rep, do your hands look dark grey in certain lighting, and almost black in other types of lighting?

Is the gen hands like this too. I can't recall from the last time I tried on the gen.

The outline of the hands mostly look black when looking head on. At times, however it can look dark dark gray when the face is tilted. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know much about the Valjoux 7750 movement? I'm dealing with a santos chrono that does not reset to the zero mark. First it reset to the 1 minute mark. The next day it reset to the 25 minute mark. Now (Day 3) it is resetting to the 23 minute mark. It is as if the reset point is shifting in a counter clockwise direction.

What should I do? (Shipping it to China for service would be a real crap shoot.)

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.

Edited by davidtang

• 1 month later...

Great discussion here, maybe one of the people that are "into" the Cartier Santos can spare a little advice on locating a Santos Chrono or Roadmaster Chrono and an opinion on which rep is most accurate/best in their humble opinion. Thanks for the informative posting.

• 5 weeks later...

Just been researching the santos as I think it might be my next purchase. I really want the SS bracelet version but have heard that it is different to the ultimate and not as good? Found this site with great quality all-round shots of the gen: http://www.watchuwan...e-ss-bracelet-n

Just found this thread that was done in 2010 and at that time it seems the bracelet version was better than the 'ultimate'. http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=116164

Edited by Craig88

• 2 years later...

Hi hope everyone is going well.

I am embarking on a franken Santos 100 project and would be thankful if you could provide some insight for it. There's currently a gen crown in the market, does anyone know the correct size/ part number that will fit a regular 38.5mm x 13mm Santos ultimate? Additionally, what is the right size/ part number of the gen tube and is it advisable to just use the gen crown on a rep tube?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 years later...

Long timer from years past and stumbled across some old bookmarks.  This has to be one of my favorite watches...classic style (Cartier), lots of compliments from ladies (Cartier), can be pulled off by many (for those who care) and it just a beauty.  Haven't kept up with if the new versions are better, but still a fav.

MrB

Long timer from years past and stumbled across some old bookmarks.  This has to be one of my favorite watches...classic style (Cartier), lots of compliments from ladies (Cartier), can be pulled off by many (for those who care) and it just a beauty.  Haven't kept up with if the new versions are better, but still a fav.

MrB

6ba6e6792ad4cb22fe590a82603397d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1