When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: 111J from Noob factory vs 177L from Hublot maker

babola

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great review !

thanks a lot !

after playing a few days with both watches here are my 2cents :

i think overall the 111j is the better watch - meaning in better quality

my 111j seems to be a different batch - is has nice AR on the xtal and strong lume on the hands.

the dial lume is okay - but the gen has also not super duper lume.

but the little too thin CG bothers me a bit :animal_rooster:

my 177 has shitty lugbars ;) it was a pain to get them out - even more to get them in again :)

i like the weight - older ti-Pam where just too light - this one is okay

the lume is brighter than the gen ;)

overall these new rep set the standard - only reason to get the gen if you want to join some Paneristi meetings ;)

cheers,

Frank

great review !

thanks a lot !

after playing a few days with both watches here are my 2cents :

i think overall the 111j is the better watch - meaning in better quality

my 111j seems to be a different batch - is has nice AR on the xtal and strong lume on the hands.

the dial lume is okay - but the gen has also not super duper lume.

but the little too thin CG bothers me a bit :animal_rooster:

my 177 has shitty lugbars ;) it was a pain to get them out - even more to get them in again :)

i like the weight - older ti-Pam where just too light - this one is okay

the lume is brighter than the gen ;)

overall these new rep set the standard - only reason to get the gen if you want to join some Paneristi meetings ;)

cheers,

Frank

Regarding the lug screws, on my 177L the lug screws is absolutely the best I have had ( including the new 219L! ) so fine threads :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And the CG pin is absolutely flat on mine as well!

So You must have got a case with a little more bad threads :wounded1:

Be VERY careful when screwing in the screws as the titanium ( used in watch-cases!) is softer than the steel ones!

But it a gamling with replicas that how it is!

Some have got VERY nice CDG engraving on the bridges on the movement on the 111J and some have got the "standard" engraving :mellow:

BUT You got a nice sample of Your 111J :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's,

I was thinking if it is possible to put the clockwork of the 111 in the 177 ???? but still use the crown of the 177. So the 177 crown in the 111 clockwork.

I ordered the 177 by Andrew and it is on his way. But it is already annoying me that it hasn't got the dagger shape on the back.

If it is possible to put the 177 crown on the 111 clockwork i will order also the 111.

Thanks for your reply's guy's.

greetings Harm

Hmm, I don't think the dial text colour is spot on... in fact it's quite off. The gen is an off-white/cream colour while my 111J is ivory with a tad of green/yellow in it as well. Lume colour is totally off, too - way too greenish.

I start to wonder if there are different batches out there - judging from the pics I've seen differences in text colour and lume colour.

I already had my mine relumed.

Here's a gen pic of a J-series:

Hmm, I don't think the dial text colour is spot on... in fact it's quite off. The gen is an off-white/cream colour while my 111J is ivory with a tad of green/yellow in it as well. Lume colour is totally off, too - way too greenish.

I start to wonder if there are different batches out there - judging from the pics I've seen differences in text colour and lume colour.

I already had my mine relumed.

Here's a gen pic of a J-series:

The text color IS almost the same as the genuine ( just bought a 111M series and I can say that the textcolor IS almost exactly the same as the genuine! :whistling: )

The lumecolor as the 177L is to Yellowish in daylight ( and not as white as the genuine!) so I have a mix on my 177L with a 111J dial with a vacclumed backplate ( with not as thick lume to make it look more deep at the indexes!) with the more correct lumecolor, see my post regarding my new 177L!

BUT the worst thing is that both the 177L and the 111J and the 219L has a dialcolor that is not as black in the color as the genuine that is clearly more black :(

But otherwise they all are VERY nice watches BUT if You whnt it to be perfect You have to use a GENUINE dial!

Hmm, I'm really beginning to wonder about different versions of the gen as well. I've seen a gen (I think it was a K-series) recently and the dial print was almost white. I have a gen 112 G-series and the dial text is the same colour, almost white, little creamy. Pics of the gens I've seen have the same colour as well, see pic above. I owned a LH 111 once and the text colour was spot on with my gen 112.

Now the colour of my 111J is way too yellowish/greenish in comparison...

Can you take pics of your gen and the 111J next to it? That would be really interesting!

Hmm, I'm really beginning to wonder about different versions of the gen as well. I've seen a gen (I think it was a K-series) recently and the dial print was almost white. I have a gen 112 G-series and the dial text is the same colour, almost white, little creamy. Pics of the gens I've seen have the same colour as well, see pic above. I owned a LH 111 once and the text colour was spot on with my gen 112.

Now the colour of my 111J is way too yellowish/greenish in comparison...

Can you take pics of your gen and the 111J next to it? That would be really interesting!

Here is a pcture of my genuine 111 M series 2010 !

post-8050-0-52999800-1297429716.jpg

OK, I agree, that does look like the text on my 111J! When have they changed the colour? Can anyone confirm the gen J-series is like that, too?

The older series had almost white printing, it would be interesting to know when that has changed.

I do not know when they changed but sometimes the dialprint color is more white :mellow: ?

Look at the 177L on Joshuas slideshow comparing the genuine against the rep 177L and the text looks more white than yellow but most of the genuine pam 177 I have seen has yellowish color on the text!

But the color can be soooo dificult judge by looking on photos as the white balance is most of the time set incorrect :whistling:

But the color can be soooo dificult judge by looking on photos as the white balance is most of the time set incorrect :whistling:

Exactly... You guys are comparing apples and oranges here. You need to colour balance, or photograph them all together. Also depends a lot on surrounding light conditions etc, sometimes it's almost impossible to capture the exact colour the eyes see when replicated on a screen.

I recieved 2 of these new 111Js and I have to say how disappointed (and I aint being anal before you get excited D!! :p) I was with the dials but the cases are fantastic for projects ;) Especially compared to the build methods over the Hublot cases...

I recieved 2 of these new 111Js and I have to say how disappointed (and I aint being anal before you get excited D!! :p) I was with the dials but the cases are fantastic for projects ;) Especially compared to the build methods over the Hublot cases...

I agree Pete, except mine was even worse. Maybe I just got a lemon, but the inner part of the upper left and lower right lugs were pretty rough and the CG was total trash. I was able to massage the lug enough to satisfy me, but the CG and dial were ditched. The 111J case now has a LH dial, V-CG and DSN single AR crystal. I'm wearing it now.

You're right about the construction. I love how the bezel has a gasket to mount on and the thumbnail makes it easy to take off. I also love the caseback.

I haven't checked with the cartel guys yet, but I'm hoping to buy a case from one of them, and if they don't sell cases only, I'll buy another complete 111. I just hope I get one with a much better CG next time.

I recieved 2 of these new 111Js and I have to say how disappointed (and I aint being anal before you get excited D!! :p)

It takes a lot more these days to get me excited P, for this I blame my age :mellow: then everything else.

111J dial's top plate is by far the best sandwich dial plate made in rep form, IMO.

I still can't believe people are ditching these in favor of LH dials. I built 3 watches with LH dials for members in the recent past and IMO they can't hold a candle to a 111J dial. Of course I mean top plate, bottom plate issues including poor lume are easy to fix these days anyway.