When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: 111J from Noob factory vs 177L from Hublot maker

babola

It takes a lot more these days to get me excited P, for this I blame my age :mellow: then everything else.

111J dial's top plate is by far the best sandwich dial plate made in rep form, IMO.

I still can't believe people are ditching these in favor of LH dials. I built 3 watches with LH dials for members in the recent past and IMO they can't hold a candle to a 111J dial. Of course I mean top plate, bottom plate issues including poor lume are easy to fix these days anyway.

I guess you were lucky mate but from the colour of the inscriptions on the dial this dial has to be one of the worst I own, I noticed it in a few pics that have been posted before I got the ones I have and colour is totally off. I had a couple of the gens and before I had even taken it out of the plastic it was a total stand out... And having the LH dials I can see why people would change theirs...

I would not wear this watch as a 111 in a fit but its the best watch for the money when it comes to parting out for a few projects ;):)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you were lucky mate but from the colour of the inscriptions on the dial this dial has to be one of the worst I own, I noticed it in a few pics that have been posted before I got the ones I have and colour is totally off. I had a couple of the gens and before I had even taken it out of the plastic it was a total stand out... And having the LH dials I can see why people would change theirs...

I would not wear this watch as a 111 in a fit but its the best watch for the money when it comes to parting out for a few projects ;):)

I agree, Pete! I also though the dial text colour is totally off. All the gens I've seen had off-white printing, the rep dial is much too yellow. But then klocklind1 posted a pic of his gen 111M (see post #64) and I began to wonder... My pic in post #63 shows a gen 111J and - despite all colour balance problems - you can clearly see there's a difference in the colour of the inscriptions. So did the text colour change on the gen dials? If so, when? Is the J series already like that or did they change it later? Then a new 111M rep would suddenly make perfect sense to me... they would have to change the serial no. on the caseback only and the rep would be much more accurate because of the inscription colour.

I had a 111K in my hand over Xmas, it was a friend's one who is a big Risti (always attends the GTGs across EU etc).

In direct comparison they did not match but the 111J rep did vary in colour depending on the light, in bright daylight it was more white in artificial or subdued daylight it was a cafe au lait colour.

I tried earlier to take pics of one of my gen dials against the 111J but with just taking a standard pic, but the photo made it look not much different even allowing for the crystal. I know nothing about white balance or anything camera geeky, I just point and shoot with flash off and macro on or if I am trying to get a pic to crop I use ordinary distance but thats it..

In my hand the colour is worlds apart I have not seen anything in respect of a difference to the M series but hopefully others might know here :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...

Just curious to find out what the known issues with the new 177L are.

Maybe I'm unlucky but this is the second PAM177L I've got that does not work. The first one I sent to my watchmaker who said it had a pallet fork problem.

I remember seeing a post here (which I can't find now) about a common problem with the keyless works, can anyone enlighten me?

wanted to add, since I've now compared a bunch of all 3 varieties, that the 005 case is significantly different than the 177 mainly in the strap lugs... the strap lugs are very pointy and don't hold a candle to the 111J... if it's a SS case you're after don't even think about the 005... go with the 111J!

wanted to add, since I've now compared a bunch of all 3 varieties, that the 005 case is significantly different than the 177 mainly in the strap lugs... the strap lugs are very pointy and don't hold a candle to the 111J... if it's a SS case you're after don't even think about the 005... go with the 111J!

+1 Totally

Its light and day..... I was just looking at a couple of my JF cases along with the 111J case the gen case the 177 case and 318 case.......no matter which way you are considering these rep cases (excusing the JFs) the 111J is head and shoulders above the other cases....