When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MEMBER OF THE YEAR / NEW COMER OF 2010

lanikai

It's that time of Year again Gang !!!

Time to nominate and vote on the 2 members whom exemplify our Community !! Time to pass the torch ...

RWG ,.. as all have learned, is really more than just Watches ... it is about Family :thumbsupsmileyanim: and "Team" .. we have done so many great things as a Community and have supported each other through good times and bad ..

With the "thought" of the RWG standard (which IMHO is higher than any Social Network around) .. let's have your nomination for Member of the year (with at least 1 year prior membership) and your Nomination for Newcomer or "Rookie" of the Year .. (any member with less than 12 months of prior membership)

Members Nominated need not be a "Supporter" (contributing member in the way of $$) ...

Awards will be announced at the conclusion of the voting.

The Nominations and voting will run through January and the Members for the 2010 Awards will be announced on the 1st of February ..

Go ahead and nominate yourself if your that way... :whistling:

Nominations are limited to 1 for each category .. per registered member.

Admin Team will have the final say on any discrepancies that may arise ...

Give a brief paragraph on your nominations.. as to why you feel the member should uphold the RWG standard of "Support"

Good luck to ALL ,,,

WHO.... will wear the 2010 RWG member of the Year banners on their sigs for 2010 ???? :1a:

AC/Lani

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I don't see any newcomer standing out in 2010 unlike the year before! Maybe it's just me.......

I still have to research who amongst us old Farts is the most Outstanding....be back soon!

Agree ... our past member choices will be very hard to exact.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but remember we are not a group of "All Stars" .. members who can be looked upon as ones that lend support ... not necessarily in watches.. but as in fellowship etc.

someones gotta nominate the Hike man.. cause I take myself outta doing so... :whistling:

To a member who has initiated goodwill gestures on behalf of at least two RWG members who were ill this past year and for the countless times this member has helped me, I nominate HikeUSA for member of the year!

I second the nomination for HikeUSA, not only because I selfishly want to encourage more entertaining signatures. ;)

M.

If I could name one member for all time that exemplifies RWG's standard of Support.. it would be Ubi... for everything he does for the Community ..

But knowing Ubi.. as I have had the pleasure to do so over time.. he is not into individual recognition and stuff.. still.. it needs to be said..

Ubi is the perfect blueprint for who and what this Community stands for.. expertise in Watches and support for all other aspects of the community.. !!

I take it admin and moderators are not eligible? Or are they?

:)

maybe not eligible for any member of the year award... but none the less .. recognition, YES !!! .. we should post any and all thought's.. when it comes to time spent for what amounts to the Love of the community.. these Gents have it all !!

I'm going to nominate JMB, for bringing invaluable engineering expertise to the forum, which has been of use to many in their projects :) I do give my bro Hike an honorable mention though, I hate having to choose between so many fine people.

No way. Not me. I wish I could say I agree, but honestly I haven't been able to participate much on the forums for 2010. And, even if I did, there are far greater members here who have done more for others and the community in general.

I have a long list of folks that I would like to nominate... I don't even know where to start. Perhaps the admin and moderating team for making this one of the best places on the Internet to visit. On an individual level, there are so many that are deserving of the recognition.

Perhaps that is why we have such a sense of community here. There are many that are so willing to step in, lend help, advice, suggestions, parts... Friendship... It wouldn't be anything without all the members here.

You said it, Lani ... the Rare, Sexually Desirable Rock Star Moderators. :tu:

Rock Stars :band1:

not Operatic Prima dona's .. although Andrea Boccelli is ma fav vocalist ... and like all virtuoso's Mr. Boccelli has the flair for the Prima dona persona

So our Admin team wears tight leather ?? :elvis:

Nobody. No one person, that is. The community as a whole is top notch, and it takes everyone being a part and contributing to make it so.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Spot on! :good:

Difficult to nominate considering the depth of the community, which I consider a family, that's why it's so great here!

:drinks:

Thanks, B- for the nomination, but I agree with ubi and chief and the rest that there's a lot of deserving folks here! For me, I nominate Admin T for bringing us back up and Running after the Fire....he must have spent his entire weekend working on it! Great job!!!

keep the names coming..

As we all know full well.. no one member makes a "Team" or Community ... what makes a community great is the mind set and actions that so many do.. we all know this.. we all believe this.. personal recognition is not anyones ultimate goal..

But as we move forward as a Community it would be nice to recognize members whom have put forth the extra effort to keep RWG the best .. as the members who have demonstrated this by actions in the past .. really, pass that mind set on to the next generation of Noobs...

therefore ....Any award that is given,... I am sure will be accepted with Humble Humility ...

This is a way for all of us to participate .. in the "Community"

This is not to say one member is better than another.. but rather to recognize the "Mind set" of support that starts at the Top with our Admin..

most "Outstanding" award recipients will agree.. that without each other nothing would be possible .. that is a given..

I've never seen a TRUE Champion say ,.. "thanks .. I really desire and deserve this" :lol:

So keep the Nominations coming..

there are many who do things not for recognition nor praise..

but in this instance it is an annual event that we ask 2 members to display the banners to show pride in our Community... :thumbsupsmileyanim: