When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7753 DOA or am I missing something?

Donk

Hey all,

I just received my first A7753 rep and it's a beauty - PAM 236. Everything looks great EXCEPT I can't get it to start running. I've been scouring the boards and movement reviews to see if there is something I should know that is different with this movement. I can't imaging what. The QC pics and video looked great. I gave it a few winds of the crow to get it going and then put it on my wrist - it never started.

Giving it some time to release the spring. Could be the cold weather has stuff gummed up? I let it warm considerably but maybe I should wait a little longer.

I'm certainly not trying to roast a dealer and that's why they aren't mentioned. Just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this. Could be DOA?

Thanks!

Well, I answered my own question - sort of. Just got done chatting with the seller and they gave me some tips. The one that worked and got it running - start the chrono. I would have never thought to do that as I thought it might further damage the movement. I guess as a last resort it worked great.

Not sure if this thread will help anyone or not.

Love my new 236!

• 5 months later...