When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona love

JoJo35

Very tough act to follow, JoJo... But here's the one I've been wearing daily for quite some time. I love this watch. I'm actually considering selling off a good part of my collection because I just don't wear it anymore! At this point it seems like the only thing that can keep this one off my wrist would be ... another Daytona!

165202.jpg

165204.jpg

165201.jpg

paj_prev3.jpg

Been wearing this every day since I got it. Absolutely love it. V72 all the way, baby.

I've been thinking about a Zenith Daytona, though. Maybe black faced, grind off the crown guards and stick on a black plastic bezel from a Tudor chrono. I think that would be nice. Where can you get a Zenith movement case? And dial? And other bits?

post-8435-0-34384500-1295205664.jpg

Hey Ken, nice watch.

Chief and I were talking about gens. I'm not really up on the fake zenith daytona, but I think there may be a member or two here who might be able to help you with that.

Thanks JoJo - I thought those looked rather nice.

I've just poked about on Jeweleryandwatch, and seems like it's a massive step up in price from the V72 powered watch. I should look for a gen dial for my current watch before splashing out that much on a Zenith.

Chrz

God damn it this thread make me want to get a Daytona... I have never been able to get myself past the movement issues of the seconds at 6... :wounded1:

+1 on wanting a daytona :p

a newbie question here, but are all daytonas prone to dying? or just the second @ six ones... any preference between handwound or automatic? :pardon::black_eye:

a newbie question here, but are all daytonas prone to dying? or just the second @ six ones... any preference between handwound or automatic?

All unserviced mechanical movements are prone to premature demise, which is why you should always have your new rep serviced upon receipt (reps generally contain used/unserviced movements). However, only the secs @ 6 7750 is prone to an early death due to its inherent design shortcomings. Search out Ziggy's reviews on the secs @ 6 7750 for details.

a newbie question here, but are all daytonas prone to dying? or just the second @ six ones... any preference between handwound or automatic?

All unserviced mechanical movements are prone to premature demise, which is why you should always have your new rep serviced upon receipt (reps generally contain used/unserviced movements). However, only the secs @ 6 7750 is prone to an early death due to its inherent design shortcomings. Search out Ziggy's reviews on the secs @ 6 7750 for details.

Love the porcelain Zenith dial and MkI bezel - the cost premium, though, is tough to swallow. I've always wanted a silver dial 6265 though.... :whistling:

I agree that the cost of these pieces is still very high. Only a few years ago, I let a floating cosmograph slip away when I hesitated @ 14k. I should have jumped on it! The silver 6265's are very nice, and IMO are well worth having in a collection if you can find one in mint original condition or with a rare dial. I had considered selling both of my hand winds to help fund a PN, but realized that my 6265 was rarer than my '63, so I'll definitely be keeping it. The all original '63 is on "pre-sale", and will go for sure to a serious buyer. Other than that, my 1530 Date, and maybe a few other pieces. :drinks:

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been working on this one for over 3 years...

Finally got the dial today!

DW case

DW black dial with "DAYTONA" in red.

Clarkes t-21

Ofrei pushers

Gen 703 crown

V23 movement (dirty and needs to be serviced still, but it runs ok)

Gen rivet bracelet with springs

I cant get over how great this watch is. Its smaller 38mm size isnt even bothering me anymore. Its just so beautiful. The pics dont do it justice at all. I took these at midnight in my kitchen. I'll have to take some good ones out in the daytime.

dizz

Ive been working on this one for over 3 years...

Finally got the dial today!

DW case

DW black dial with "DAYTONA" in red.

Clarkes t-21

Ofrei pushers

Gen 703 crown

V23 movement (dirty and needs to be serviced still, but it runs ok)

Gen rivet bracelet with springs

I cant get over how great this watch is. Its smaller 38mm size isnt even bothering me anymore. Its just so beautiful. The pics dont do it justice at all. I took these at midnight in my kitchen. I'll have to take some good ones out in the daytime.

dizz

What case did you use? I had a classic spinmaster DW case for 7750 with low profile back and everyone said me it doesn't fit the V23....

If you want sell it, shoot me a pm