When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer 500m - Sellita swiss movement - QC Pics

Ruma

looks very good, maybe i will try this watch also one day, looks cool

how much did you paid for this with the new selitta??

I think is only available at 2 of the trusted dealers: TrustyTime and Perfect Clones

I am curious about the date alignment. It looks like it sits low in the window to me.

Marty

Well, I can't see it clearly from the pics. Doesn't the weel date rotates slighty with the time?

Is it with the pearl pattern on the plates?

These are my QC pics from the SW-200 version!!

I think is the same version as yours. Mine is rubber strap and yours steel strap version.

Edited by Ruma

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if the SW-200 movement has to come with the pearl effect on the back?

The reason I ask is that I have ordered one and the first QC pics I saw had the pearl effect on the movement but the bezel was mis-aligned.

The second QC pics I saw were ok but the movement didn't have the pearl affect. This leads me to believe that it was the cheaper ETA movement.

The reason I went for the SW-200 was the fact that it had the pearl affect like the gen so I just want to check that it always does have this pearl effect.

At the moment I'm thinking that the second pics I saw were of the ETA movement. The movement on second pics I saw is below. 52848bf3-3bce-fef1.jpg

Can anyone confirm the movement as I'm a bit if a noob!!!

Noob questions:

What is the "pearl pattern finish"?

If this is supposed to be a true swiss sw200 movement shouldn't all movements be the same?

This is how the gen came out, with a pearl finish on the plates of the movement!!

So at first the rep came out with two versions: Asian with the pearl finish and the ETA 2824 without.

Then the last months came out with the sw-200 movement (like the gen).

From what I was reading all these months, the sw200 for the rep came out at first without

the pearls and then,the latest pieces with the right finish!

Maybe I'm wrong...

This is how the gen came out, with a pearl finish on the plates of the movement!!

So at first the rep came out with two versions: Asian with the pearl finish and the ETA 2824 without.

Then the last months came out with the sw-200 movement (like the gen).

From what I was reading all these months, the sw200 for the rep came out at first without

the pearls and then,the latest pieces with the right finish!

Maybe I'm wrong...

The difference can be seen in pictures? Can u post a picture with and without pearl finish?

From the movements I've seen the original sw200 has always "pearl pattern finish" so I just hope that the dealers are not charging us a premium "swiss" movement price and selling a sellita asian clone :unsure:

If that's the case there should be a price difference just as the swiss vs asian eta. But i'm waiting for a more expert opinion on these cos if we ask the dealers they will probably tell us what the factories told them "they are all swiss". <_<

Edited by Ruma

What is the sellita movement? Is it cheaper and equally reliable?

It's a swiss company that makes an automatic movement similar to ETA. It's equally reliable but in this specific case it's not cheaper because it's a newer rep version and so it's more expensive.

Edited by Ruma

i recieved today my aquaracer with the swiss eta movement, not the selitta

btw there is no update at the watch himself, only the movement is different ;) rest is identical, i choosed the eta one because im no big fan of that pearl finish on the selittas :D i prefer the clean look of the eta finish, but thats just my personal taste

its a great watch, no matter what movement you choose, ruma why are you doing such a big deal about that movement, your watch looks great i realy like the rubber strap on yours, i bought mine on ss :) enjoy it mate and dont think to much about that movement finish, nobody can see it anyways :p

cheers

Edited by deniz21

i recieved today my aquaracer with the swiss eta movement, not the selitta

btw there is no update at the watch himself, only the movement is different ;) rest is identical, i choosed the eta one because im no big fan of that pearl finish on the selittas :D i prefer the clean look of the eta finish, but thats just my personal taste

its a great watch, no matter what movement you choose, ruma why are you doing such a big deal about that movement, your watch looks great i realy like the rubber strap on yours, i bought mine on ss :) enjoy it mate and dont think to much about that movement finish, nobody can see it anyways :p

cheers

See, and it would bother the hell out of me. :black_eye: Thats a big selling feature that they've replicated the TAG movement correctly. Having owned a similar gen and sold it, this "resemblance" attracts me to filling the loss with this rep. In this hobby, it is interesting to see what details bother one person, while another couldn't care less about.

See, and it would bother the hell out of me. :black_eye: Thats a big selling feature that they've replicated the TAG movement correctly. Having owned a similar gen and sold it, this "resemblance" attracts me to filling the loss with this rep. In this hobby, it is interesting to see what details bother one person, while another couldn't care less about.

+1 :good:

In the QC pics the movement from the watch I ordered seems to not have the pearl pattern, but it finally arrived and I can confirm that it has.

So I guess all sellita movements have this type of swirl effect and that's just the angle or the light used in the photos that fools the eye.