When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pepsi GMT ceramic

tridad

Yes, I know it is a fantasy watch, but I wanted to take a look at one, so I got it. I was wondering, if anyone would recommend doing the bezel paint mod (numbers look a little thin). I am worried that, after I try removing the excess paint, the actual blue and red color would come off due to the strength of the nail polish remover.

Any experts out there who might know what to do?

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Cheers!!

Here are some dirty and quick phone pics, but my thoughts are, that this watch is definitely worth the price, very well made, solid, DW font seems the closest I have seen to gen, SELS have no gaps whatsoever, overall a very nice fantasy daily beater. The writing on the dial for GMT Master II seems a bit off, the spacing between the lines, but other than that, very nice.

I recommend it.

Enjoy!!

Pepsiceramic2.jpg

GMTceramic.jpg

Pepsiceramic.jpg

I believe that at some point Rolex is going to offer the Pepsi bezel as an option on the IIc. From what i hear, they haven't gotten the red and blue to work. Much more difficult than a single color bezel insert.

As to the love hate, i'm with you. I didn't think i would like it at first, but it has proven to be a pretty nice watch. I would still like one with a 2893-2 movement, or better yet a really accurate 1675 w/2893-2!

When you say paint mod, do you mean painting the numbers, as people do with the GMTIIc? If that's the case, many simply use a piece of cloth, like a T-Shirt, to wipe away the excess, rather than thinners... As for the watch being 'fantasy', don't worry about it, the Ceramic Sub was 'fantasy' until Rolex released their version last year ;):good:

When you say paint mod, do you mean painting the numbers, as people do with the GMTIIc? If that's the case, many simply use a piece of cloth, like a T-Shirt, to wipe away the excess, rather than thinners... As for the watch being 'fantasy', don't worry about it, the Ceramic Sub was 'fantasy' until Rolex released their version last year ;):good:

Yes, it is the numbers I was thinking of doing, but on second thought, they are not too bad and might just leave them alone, I will take pics soon, and let you guys critique it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Can you confirm if this is two different colors of ceramic, or just one color with paint on the other half?

Hard to tell, but I would imagine if Rolex can't get the two colors to hold up on ceramic, I doubt a $200 watch would. My bet would be that they are painted, but it looks great.

I hope this helps!!