When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I just received my Explorer II white dial and it came with a welcome suprise!

Prsist

I've got this coming from Sead:

ex-ii.jpg

ETA clone. We'll see how good it looks in person, but I'm excited. I have a Noob case all ready to swap out with, but honestly if the current case is as good as it looks in the pic I might not bother. I'll measure the crystal when it gets here, that probably does need to be swapped. Bezel too, you can see the numbers at 24 touch the edge of the bezel. I hope the Noob bezel is a direct fit because aftermarket Rolex bezels seem quite expensive.

That looks to be perfectly aligned rehaut engraving. Not only does the letters align at 3, 9 and 12 the 6 evenly splits the serial number.

I've had a few bezels off myself. You're saying your Noob EXP II bezel pops off and is easy to change/replace?? How is the bezel fixed to the case ring (crystal ring)?? If I'm not mistaken aren't the Explorer bezels fixed and do not rotate???

Edited by d-rock

This is the EXPII with the sub case. Dial is really nice, but the date window was off to the right a bit, in addition to the minute hash markers being too thin. I actually took the markers off this one and tried to put them on the noob dial with no avail...

The one Sead is selling is the replacement for the noob EXPII. I got the same one when I tried to purchase a noob from Josh just prior to the factory discontinuing them. The main flaw is the "II", no top and bottom hashes, plus I thought the bezel markings were too close to the outer edge of the bezel. They should be closer to the inner edge.

Yea, those bezel markers are almost off the edge I'm afraid.

Yeah, but for what I paid, if one of the bezels I already have fits then I can junk this one and still be ahead...

I've got two Noob black dial explorer IIs (one is from BK, one straight from the factory although it was also sold to me as being a BK Exp II :wounded1: ). If the case is really bad on this one I'll swap all the guts into one of the Noob cases, but if not I'm planning on turning one of the Noobs into a 16710 GMT Master. I've got a bezel assembly from fleabay coming, I hope the compression ring will fit.