When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with a chrono Breitling

laskos

I bought a very nice looking golden Breitling chronomat evolution as a present for my fiancee but has problems.

The watch come from a dealer that despite he says that applys qc measures the chrono minute counter dont seems to work.

Will i have to send the watch back for a replace or it is something usual with a7750 that has some easy fix??

Thanks you guys!

Sorry to hear your problem.

I've not read anywhere about a common problem with the a7750 being a broken minute counter. Does the second hand work?

It is not likely to be an easy fix. It is hard to say what the problem is. There is a common problem with the minute hand advancing prior to the second hand passing 60 (fixable) - see here. It *might* be that the pusher in your case isn't making contact at all. In which case it would just be a case of changing that part - but this is not a small job and the eta part is not a perfect fit (either the pin needs to be made smaller or the hole in the second hand enlarged).

If I were you I'd send it back unless you are planning to get it serviced right away. In this case it is probably worth the part change during the service since this would also solve the common problem of the early advance.

I hope this helps

Sorry to hear your problem.

I've not read anywhere about a common problem with the a7750 being a broken minute counter. Does the second hand work?

It is not likely to be an easy fix. It is hard to say what the problem is. There is a common problem with the minute hand advancing prior to the second hand passing 60 (fixable) - see here. It *might* be that the pusher in your case isn't making contact at all. In which case it would just be a case of changing that part - but this is not a small job and the eta part is not a perfect fit (either the pin needs to be made smaller or the hole in the second hand enlarged).

If I were you I'd send it back unless you are planning to get it serviced right away. In this case it is probably worth the part change during the service since this would also solve the common problem of the early advance.

I hope this helps

What he said :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks you very much guys for yours reply!

The minutes counter dont advance at all. Also the seconds hand counter sweep i would say that is a little rough...

But i also want to say that i opened the caseback and the appearance of an asian 7750 is beautiful! Very well decorated, blue screws and a rotor that spins in the most tiny movement. Aslo i have to mension that looks like a uni-directional one and not bidirectional...

That movement deserves a display caseback.

I am going to contact my dealer.

Thanks you guys!

Ok. Here is a good picture!

Yes, it is what I thought.

post2621908238290012956.jpg

There is a wire with a "V" at the end, see green arrow. You have to move down that wire. You have to put the V in one of the teeth of the gear (use tweezers).

This is the final result:

romper22.jpg

It is very easy to blend that wire. Be very careful. Take your time.

Good luck!

Edited by Francisco

Thanks you very much Franscisco!

I fix it!

Amazed with the tiny force that applys this spring. It is very easy in my opinion to go something wrong...

Thanks you very much!

I also have oneather question:

The winding rotor speens easy anticlockwise but doesnt speens freely clockwise. Its this a problem??

Thanks you very much Franscisco!

I fix it!

Amazed with the tiny force that applys this spring. It is very easy in my opinion to go something wrong...

Thanks you very much!

I also have oneather question:

The winding rotor speens easy anticlockwise but doesnt speens freely clockwise. Its this a problem??

CONGRATULATIONS.

A good long distance repair service. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, it is normal.

Hello again guys!

I have problem to seize the Breitling bracelet.

I unscrew the screws in the bracelet but i cannot push the bar links out not matters what!

I think that there is a trick to push the link bars out... What???

Please help!

post-26219-0-33559100-1295631186.jpg

post-26219-0-33863800-1295631198.jpg

Edited by laskos