When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do Not Post QC Pics On THe Forums

statikman

I did not see the "damage our relationship" part,that comment was not necessary Imo. Thanks for link,good stuff :victory:

"effects our relationship" is how it was worded in my email. Were you saying that comment was not necessary from me, or of him saying it in the email?

"effects our relationship" is how it was worded in my email. Were you saying that comment was not necessary from me, or of him saying it in the email?

I don't think that's what he's saying. I got the same email with the same comments from Josh.

At the time (end of dec) there was a thread on RG where someone posted QC pics from Josh and many were picking apart the 5th gen PO.

Since I was buying the PO..his price was good and service was great.. thought the email made sense at the time..kinda thought it was personal..lol ..but now I think he sent the same email to lot's of people.

Being new to the rep game and these forums, I didn't question it.

I never found Josh to be arrogant or rude with me. He may be abit more expensive on some things but has

consistent reliable service and backs up his stuff 100%. Some of the WIS around here are over the top anyway. For ex.

I'm in my 50's, I can't even see Happy feet in the first place. I don't really care too much about the back of a rep. Are any

'civilians' aware of the correct engravings on a PAM movement?? Who would ever ask someone to remove a watch so they can inspect the caseback?

Just my 2 cents.

i, too, was warned of posting qc pix and potential delays and relationship comments...

i posted pix of the new 177 to show people how good it was...not to ask for second opinion or for it to be picked apart...it was simply to show the membership better pix than the stock crap pix...

i didn't like the message i received, but withdrew the pix, out of respect for his request...

R-

While I will agree with the notion that some people have issues which cause them to over-anal-ize the "quality" of replica watches, it is also a bad idea for a dealer to say these types of things to his dedicated clients.

I think perhaps we have to take into account the kinds of errors a non-native english speaker might make, also. I'm sure it was not meant as a veiled threat, even if it comes across that way.

You're being way too gentle with him.

I get it, he's reliable and delivers - no doubt about it.

There's also no doubt that he's confident about his business, and allows himself to charge more than other reliable dealers. That's fine, as long as you deliver the extra value. Now that all dealers send QC pics, he can't be the only one complaining about public dissecting and still charge more than others. What good reason do I have to deal with him? I had excellent experience from all dealers I bought from. Including getting a new watch when necessary free of charge. The last one was Tony, but Narikaa and watch eden were great as well. With that attitude, I see no good reason for dealing with Josh, and crossed out his website from my list...

That comment("effects/damage our relationship") was not necessary from Josh,no reason for him to make a statement like that Imo. :)

friends, you do not know the amount of money that some dealers earn selling just one watch. i am not going to write here the number, because you are not going to believe me...

so, poor seller, he has to make a picture of each watch... no, he not, one Chinese that earns 100 euros per month... less than the benefit of selling 2 watches...

I am glad for the QC pics. True, folks can take them to an extreme, thus causing delays. However, overall it is the neatest thing. One of the dealers I like, Lay from replicamake.com, actually sends a mini youtub vid with tolerances and the watch..if that is not neat.. then don't know what is..

You're being way too gentle with him. // I see no good reason for dealing with Josh, and crossed out his website from my list...

I usually talk to a few dealers to see who's the most feisty about helping me when i'm ready for something. No one is perfect. Only so many bridges to GZ, why burn one, especially one thats been a landmark?

Josh is pretty good about getting parts that some of our dealers do not have access to, or simply won't deal with. I respect your opinion and right to post it, but writing him off aloud like that isn't beneficial to either of you.

That comment("effects/damage our relationship") was not necessary from Josh,no reason for him to make a statement like that Imo. :)

oh, I thought you meant from me. :cry2:

friends, you do not know the amount of money that some dealers earn selling just one watch. i am not going to write here the number, because you are not going to believe me...

so, poor seller, he has to make a picture of each watch... no, he not, one Chinese that earns 100 euros per month... less than the benefit of selling 2 watches...

Of course he's not the one taking the pictures. Josh is a little on the expensive side, but he also has one of the best websites that takes direct CC payment, he has excellent communication, and very fast service.

All of the trusted dealers prices are pretty close to retail in GZ. There have been many posts by members who have visited GZ, and confirmed that the prices we pay are fairly close to the going rates in the markets.

I usually talk to a few dealers to see who's the most feisty about helping me when i'm ready for something. No one is perfect. Only so many bridges to GZ, why burn one, especially one thats been a landmark?

Josh is pretty good about getting parts that some of our dealers do not have access to, or simply won't deal with. I respect your opinion and right to post it, but writing him off aloud like that isn't beneficial to either of you.

oh, I thought you meant from me. :cry2:

Of course he's not the one taking the pictures. Josh is a little on the expensive side, but he also has one of the best websites that takes direct CC payment, he has excellent communication, and very fast service.

All of the trusted dealers prices are pretty close to retail in GZ. There have been many posts by members who have visited GZ, and confirmed that the prices we pay are fairly close to the going rates in the markets.

"oh,I thought you meant from me" ;)

He now sends that warning to everybody. As stated though I partially understand the dealer's side I can not agree with that.

If so many people buys from Josh is also because of the forums. He can not have the benefits and then ask to not discuss the pieces in this same forums that so many customers brought to him.

When you post QC photos to a forum, you need to mentally censor out the comments which are overly critical, but take and use the comments which are valid points of concern.

A noob would not know to do this, and it could cause problems since he'd be relaying the smallest niggle to the Dealer, because he would not know any better.

I've been seeing this a lot lately.

The dealer can sell the "rejected" watches to someone else, of course .. so why be a dick about it?

How much? I really want to know :-)

If u dont want to say this "public" pm me, thanks :)

There is a fine line between a flaw that has to be accepted (ie. all reps have it) and a flaw that is a QC issue.

The dealers must get sick of it. The buyers should recognise that.

Imagine if you were selling something on a forum and people nitpicked over it. You'd probably withdraw the sale.

I've had QC pics (from a non-cartel popular dealer) and received a completely different version watch! The same dealer sent me pics of a watch with a QC flaw which I questioned, he response was "they're all like that" Well i now have a similar rep without that flaw! lol

Another dealer here promised to rectify a QC problem for me since December, well i wont push it since EMS has all this trouble, but I am still waiting for a resolution.

You could say that posting QC pics are a PITA for dealers, but for noobs who don't know the flaws - this is what forums are for. I say we should let it roll BUT If you are going to critique a QC pic, you have a duty to make out what is acceptable and what is not.

It isn't just Josh that may be dismissive now & then (we are all human), other dealers have been like that to me. I treat all dealers the same: with fairness and with respect "where due". Just don't expect them to work wonders for you just because you think you have a great rapport.

Frankly I'm over this QC pics malarky , every other post seems to be " My QC Pics Experts please" Same boring pictures of the same watch either "my new 177" or "my new 288" I reckon they should be band or they should be restricted to 1 Picture with a specific question like "Does my Ar5e look big in this ?" No more Experts Chime in ........Read the Forum thats what its here for look at similar posts and reviews........ all this please review my pics is just getting lazy. Unless you have specific issue like stuffed screws or a sticking out crown guard or some dial marks then go ahead and post , but if its oh look at me Blah blah same old same old I aint even gonna look at the post. I reckon Josh is right , but its his own bloody fault, the surprise of opening a newly arrived watch and hoping its all there and is what you hoped for is part of the fun and game we play.

QC pics are a huge advancement for all parties. It is a pain in the neck for the dealers but hopefully it inspires more buying and in the long run may save more hassle with customers as there should hopefully be lower returns. And I do think there is a place for them on the forums. But what I would suggest is that before people just willy nilly throw up every watch on the screen they order (and end up with some contructive and many silly comments as well) - take a look around at what has already been posted in the specific brand section. If there are several examples of the watch already on the forum take a look at those pics and compare first. If you still have real questions or no one has posted pics of the watch previously by all means put it up.

It is indeed a huge advancement to the buyer seller process. In addition to the above (watchmeister), it reduces a lot of after sales 'issues' and this is a big thing potentially reducing shipping costs back and forth not to mention time. I think the buyer should educate themselves and work the process with the seller and if necessary agree together to have it posted. Not the best solution but it follows the process with agreement on both sides. My 2 cents.

My view is that we should encourage the QC pics - if you don't want to look then don't but it is incredibly helpful for noobs. This forum relies on patronage and if we can encourage others to become VIP Members then all to the good.

This is considered the friendliest of the forums so let's show that. I have no expertise with watches and am grateful for the support of a number of people on the forum. I would like to think I have paid some of that back but what i am trying to say, in a convoluted sort of way, is that we should support those that ask questions you might feel are foolish, welcome them in and encourage their participation.

Donald Rumsfeld said something along the lines of "They don't know what they don't know".