When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica Sunglasses

Leeroy697

Absolutely correct--most people are unfortunately under educated when it comes to their ocular health. When I worked as an optician around '96-97, I think industry standard to label a pair "UV protectant" was only around blocking 90 or 92%, if I remember correctly; which isn’t wholly bad, but needed to be higher. And for a while, they only concentrated on UV A, and ignored UV B which was blind, no pun intended. Even though they've got a bit of a monopoly as both manufacturer & supplier state-side, you can thank the Italian company Luxottica for raising the bar on that one.

I hope you've got polarized on, out amongst all that ice. :)

Being in the business myself for 17 years now , i find it strange that Serengeti has been unmentioned .

It's not the trendiest brand in the world perhaps but without a doubt one if not the classiest amongst the non couturier-brands (persol and ray-ban are other examples).

Once you go their way there 's no way back : about 90 out of 100 customers who ever worn a pair of serengeti's return to the brand for a new one .

Alltough i have allmost unlimited choice of sunglasses myself ( i own a good few from different brands for personal use)and allthough i have tied on thousands through my career , i never drive my car without a serengeti on the nose ( polarized driver lenses are my personal favorite).The quality of the lenses is to my opinion beyond comparison .

And no : i don't have shares in the company .

P.