When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minute and hour hands don't run :(

kasakka

So after running out of power due to being not used for a few days, I rewound and set the time on my Breitling Navitimer TT replica but to my dismay it no longer runs. The seconds dial hand moves as normal, but the minutes and hours don't move anywhere. It's got an Asian 7750 movement and I've had the watch for maybe 3-4 months now.

How expensive will this be to fix?

Your cannon gear is slipping, it needs a complete servicing, and restoring of the cannon gear friction.

Slipping cannon gears is a normal problem on all A7750's.

Quick test to confirm:

Wind the watch manually, very slowly 30 turns on the crown

Set the time and as you move the crown note how much friction there is, does it feel loose (probably) or can you feel some friction, compare the friction to the quickdate set position feel

Synchronize the seconds subdial to a known clock, push the crown it and monitor what happens

Start and run the chrono at the same time, note if there is a difference between the main hour and minute hands and the elapsed time on the chrono

Report back on the above and you will have your answer... :)

Your cannon gear is slipping, it needs a complete servicing, and restoring of the cannon gear friction.

Slipping cannon gears is a normal problem on all A7750's.

Quick test to confirm:

Wind the watch manually, very slowly 30 turns on the crown

Set the time and as you move the crown note how much friction there is, does it feel loose (probably) or can you feel some friction, compare the friction to the quickdate set position feel

Synchronize the seconds subdial to a known clock, push the crown it and monitor what happens

Start and run the chrono at the same time, note if there is a difference between the main hour and minute hands and the elapsed time on the chrono

Report back on the above and you will have your answer... :)

The quickdate feature doesn't work, it seems to spin freely and the date doesn't change. There is some friction when setting the time and the date changes if using the regular time setting.

If using the chrono, it jams like I described earlier but in this case the seconds hand also jams. Disabling the chrono makes the seconds hand run again but the others refuse to move.

"restoring of the cannon gear friction" = tightening da cannon pinion

stiff says dats pretty simple.

From dis far away stiff can't tell if your uhren needs da full "COA" or not. Fur de Valjoux, stiff thinks dats worth about 300E.

stiff muckler ist im Haus!

"Have a happy day!"

The quickdate feature doesn't work, it seems to spin freely and the date doesn't change.

Common problem as well, the quickset date change gear is not switching over, can be fixed during servicing.

There is some friction when setting the time and the date changes if using the regular time setting.

Ok, quickset and time setting for date change are two separate gears.

If using the chrono, it jams like I described earlier but in this case the seconds hand also jams. Disabling the chrono makes the seconds hand run again but the others refuse to move.

Could be a number of things causing the chrono problem.

You need a servicing...and repair of these issues...