When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO with Swiss Eta 7750?

smicho406

I Just got an AP ROO black theme, and i brougth it down to my local watchsmith to service the Asian 7750, then he told me its a waste of time... lol he told me its either you keep it like this since the mouvement is according to him cheap and not made with quality parts or he could upgrade it to a Swiss Eta 7750, and that mouvement costs 700 dollars, do you think its a good investment guys or i should just get it serviced by one of our modders on the forum....

I Just got an AP ROO black theme, and i brougth it down to my local watchsmith to service the Asian 7750, then he told me its a waste of time... lol he told me its either you keep it like this since the mouvement is according to him cheap and not made with quality parts or he could upgrade it to a Swiss Eta 7750, and that mouvement costs 700 dollars, do you think its a good investment guys or i should just get it serviced by one of our modders on the forum....

My God!

1.- ETA 7750 costs at ebay about 270 euros... so $700 is a lie.

2.- Asian 7750 is not the problem. The problem is the modification to move seconds to 12 position. If you swap to ETA 7750, the problem remains the same... no improvement... you have not solved the main problem.

3.- If you have time, have a look here, where it is shown why this model has problems:

Best wishes,

Francisco

You got a secs at 12 Black themes right? If that´s the case, your watch guy might have a hard time moddifying an original secs at 9 Swiss Valjoux to your dial configuration.

The ASIAN7750 should be fine, but he shouldnt attempt to service one if he´s never done it, since it is quite different from the Swiss 7750.. Your guy should also know that asisan 7750 doesnt have parts compatability with the swiss 7750. Go with a modder here and get your asian 7750 serviced, it should run like butter afterwards :) Francisco serviced a few of mine and they run great :) p.s. thanks Francisco!