When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial: Omega 5th gen Planet Ocean

mojako

Good day to everyone. After lurking for quite some time, let me post this. This is my 1st REP Omega acquisition but my nth rep acquisition. I would like to share the pictures of my recently purchased 5th gen Planet Ocean with ETA (supposedly) movement from Mary of watches international.

No mods yet, except for the leather strap which I bought from ebay. I already ordered a GEN dial, bezel, helium valve and crystal from Ofrei and they are en route to me. Cost me a whopping $720 including shipping! I will update this thread once I have succeeded in modding the watch (actually my watchmaker will be modding the watch)

I know that the dial font isn't pure white, i know that the 9 indice has the wrong size, i know that the pearl is hideously largem the helium valve is bigger than GEN, the lume is on the greener side but let me say this - the whole is better that the sum of it's parts! The watch is amazing! I was stunned when I received this. The pictures don't do the watch justice. I own a BK WM9 V2 and this PO is just amazing.

On to the pix!

DSC_8518.jpg

DSC_8516.jpg

Looks like the pearl isn't centered.. but it is. This isn't a straight on shot.

DSC_8519.jpg

DSC_8521.jpg

DSC_8514.jpg

Showing off the bluish AR tint. The AR on this watch is amazing!

DSC_8520.jpg

Hope you all like the pictures! Shots were taken with a D90 and 35mm Nikon lens.

Edited by mojako

watchpart.co.uk is out of black datewheels.. where can i get one?

You could try contacting ofrei and ask if he hasn't shipped out the parts. If so maybe he could it with your current order. AFAIK he has some of those, just have to ask.

If not maybe you can try ebay.

edit: removed link. The datewheel I posted was the wrong one. It doesn't have the flat top "4"

Edited by luckyman

Looking good on the project. I didn't know you could just "swap parts out".

Keep us posted.

Paco

If a replica watch is advertised to accept genuine parts then you can swap. The UPO 45mm Planet Ocean accepts genuine parts and so does the new, latest generation 42mm Planet Ocean.

If a replica watch is advertised to accept genuine parts then you can swap. The UPO 45mm Planet Ocean accepts genuine parts and so does the new, latest generation 42mm Planet Ocean.

Thanks for the info Jkay, so if you get the He valve from OFREI, then the incorrect height of the valve would be fixed?

AM i wrong?