When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trip to Peking

pane

Hi Friends,

i plan a trip to peking, where can i buy good reps no Kanalstreet Reps???

Can anyone help me out ?

:thumbsupsmileyanim::animal_rooster:

By Peking.. do you mean.. BEIJING????? ;)

not sure about reps in Beijing.. but maybe someone will be able to help you out! The general consensus about reps in china seems to be that it generally is not a better deal to buy them there. especially being a westerner. The price for your (let's say) UPO will end up being more or less the same as if you bought it through one of our trusted dealers here. Haggling won't work, since by the time you get to the little watch stand and wait for them to get the "good merchandise" from the back, they know they can sell the "good merchandise" for a certain price online.... Which is what they tend to prefer.

You have to remember, the watches we buy are coming from the places you're going to in china. They know exactly how much a new PAM 111j is worth, since they're often the ones with websites up!

In any case, good luck, there's always the possibility that you'll find a steal!

make sure to get yourself a nice suit! http://www.beijingtailor.com/. got mine there, around 10 euro for the shirt and 150 for the whole suit tailored i a week time.

when it comes to reps, not sure. there is a huge "Fake market on 5floors not far from the tailor, but not sure about the quality. Last floor, there you find some reps. Its the big building with the 5.5 on it i think, or in this area.

And go to the art center, a bit outside in direction of the the airport....it's called http://www.798space.com/index_en.asp....

have a nice trip

Edited by whoever

The only place you may find anything is at the Pearl Market and that IF you talk to one of the vendors and you ask for the "best quality". They may take you to a small house in a slum behind the market for you to look at boxes and boxes of things.

Don't expect to find any high end reps. Mostly you will have 21j type thing.

Not much happening (watch-wise). But the night life scene is good.. remember to have a drink. Great place to visit

Flex is totally right about that!

Not recommend the adventure in Pearl market, it's for the tourists. The locals barely buy "fakes".

You might also try the silk market a huge multi-story full of every kind of fake item imaginable. It's a great place to buy clothes. Not sure about watches though but you gotta visit here

yeah, thats the one, on the last floor they have a few reps and ipods and ipads and i don't know what EVERYTHING you can imagine! ANd it's pretty funny, 'cause every single store in there has pretty much the same stuff, and they are yelling at you and try to drag you in and buy sth. After 10 min you're tired as hell...i swear!

Edited by whoever

Not worth the effort. Prices for high-end stuff (if you manage to find it) are likely to be more than from our dealers. Even in Guangzhou you would be hard pressed to find a high-end bargain.

I worked in Beijing for a couple of years and I would say if you don't speak Chinese better concentrate on the cultural aspects. There are places where you can pick up clothing factory seconds or stuff that "fell of the truck", but these are targeted at Chinese re-sellers.

If you are looking for electronics it might be worth to have a look at Zhong Guan Zun. Always make sure to know what you are looking for.

Hi Friends,

i plan a trip to peking(Beijing), where can i buy good reps no Kanalstreet Reps???

Can anyone help me out ?

:thumbsupsmileyanim::animal_rooster:

yeah, thats the one, on the last floor they have a few reps and ipods and ipads and i don't know what EVERYTHING you can imagine! ANd it's pretty funny, 'cause every single store in there has pretty much the same stuff, and they are yelling at you and try to drag you in and buy sth. After 10 min you're tired as hell...i swear!

Yep its all "Hello Hello lookie lookie". Some of them can get quite physical and try tp pull you into their little stalls

• 1 year later...

Hello guys,

I travel to Beijing quite often and the best place for high end reps is at a guy called Bobo. He is located in a "backroom" on the 4th floor in the building behind the Pearlmarket. If you take the elevator up, you proceed out of it and keeping to the right you should enter the second last shop and go thru the back door in the shop. He can source super reps if he does not have them in the shop and he offers Swiss ETA as well:-)

Enjoi:-)

/Tim

Correct, the Beijing Silk Markets are one of the best places. When I was in Beijing, there was another huge market place that my host took me to.

We walked down the street and came upon an ordinary door, when opened reaveled a large and fantastic market. I saw a number of watch carts there,

but I can. recall the name of the place. Be sure to drive out to Badaling and walk upon the Great Wall. It was December during my trip and the 3 of us were the only souls

on the wall. It is rather incredible.

Hello guys,

I travel to Beijing quite often and the best place for high end reps is at a guy called Bobo. He is located in a "backroom" on the 4th floor in the building behind the Pearlmarket. If you take the elevator up, you proceed out of it and keeping to the right you should enter the second last shop and go thru the back door in the shop. He can source super reps if he does not have them in the shop and he offers Swiss ETA as well:-)

Enjoi:-)

/Tim

How is he price wise Tim?

Hi guys, I live in Beijing for almost 6 years. For the past 3 month the police is raiding every dealer that carries top end reps. Just the lousy ones are left !!! Same in Shanghai and worse in Guangzhou. All the high end market have gone underground now. Sometime I can get from a seller who knows me for years some decent stuff, but it might soon be over. If ever you can get good watches, I'd say that is is only about 10 to 20% cheaper than your trusted dealers. Don't expect a better deal for the SAME watch you wanted from TT or PT...

• 2 weeks later...