When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Seamaster Pro Chrono 2008

CPSNine

Hello,

I am looking to buy a replica Seamaster Pro Chrono 2008 (new version with the red Seamaster etc.) with the blue face.

I've been browsing the different recommended collectors and I see up to $50 difference in price for the same model.

I've tried to dissect the descriptions and pictures and I really can't see anything that would justify the price difference.

Is there anything I am missing that I should know before buying.

Thanks.

Hey CPSNine!

I think the seamaster chrono 2008 is a great REP, it has the happy feet omega logo and the uncentered bezel pearl, but still is great!!! I'm not sure, but i think all Seamaster 2008 rep's i've seen have the 7750 Movement and the right Omega word logo with the letters linked by the middle (And the common previously mentioned flaws), so those would be the things you should have to look for when comparing the models from different sources. And Please tell me wheres the seamaster chrono with $50 less!!!

Edited by arizac

The original SMP chroho replica is featured in By-tor's Guide To Best Omega Replicas, with pretty good reviews.

And the newer version seems just as good, the bezel alignment has been corrected the OMEGA inscription with the linked letters seems right and the rest of the watch seems to par with the previous version (however I am far from being an expert).

The OP chronos are very cool but at 45.5mm they are quite big for my small wrist.

The best price I have seen for the SMP chrono to date is at asian7750.

The original SMP chroho replica is featured in By-tor's Guide To Best Omega Replicas, with pretty good reviews.

And the newer version seems just as good, the bezel alignment has been corrected the OMEGA inscription with the linked letters seems right and the rest of the watch seems to par with the previous version (however I am far from being an expert).

The OP chronos are very cool but at 45.5mm they are quite big for my small wrist.

The best price I have seen for the SMP chrono to date is at asian7750.

At asian7750 they seem to have the old smp Chrono:

http://asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=103&P_id=446&ti=

20 dollars more, but IMO it's a more accurate REP. what do you think?

To me the new version seems as accurate as the previous one. I've tried to compare it to pictures of the Gen and it seemed pretty close.

However it would be good to have the view of an expert as I am not one myself.

But I would guess the factories started with the old version to make the new one and changed a couple of things on the dial so I guess accuracy should be pretty close on both models. The changes I have seen are:

- The red seamaster.

- The OMEGA with the linked letters.

- The bars (lume) at 12-3-6-9 that are gone.

I think it makes a less crowded dial and I like the touch of red with the seamaster.

I personally like better the new version, I am just curious why it is that much less expensive than the previous version (not everywhere though).

Just because it is less popular?

Edited by CPSNine

Well, maybe the previous version is more expensive because IMO is less flawed, not available easily and is kind of a classic. Like you, i like the new dial more than the old one, but for me the happy feet is a deal breaker. Maybe a putting a new dial would be a great option to go...

did someone bought the 2008 model already? anyone can post some actual pics of this REP model? and please any pics of the 2008 model with the hands on 2 and 3 o'clock position so we could see pROperly the omega logo and the OMEGA word cause I've noticed this timing in taking shots of the watch specially from the dealer's sites, anyone noticed? RIGHT? peace

did someone bought the 2008 model already? anyone can post some actual pics of this REP model? and please any pics of the 2008 model with the hands on 2 and 3 o'clock position so we could see pROperly the omega logo and the OMEGA word cause I've noticed this timing in taking shots of the watch specially from the dealer's sites, anyone noticed? RIGHT? peace

Not really sure if I can link to another forum but there are great pictures there.

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9102

@cpsnine

when i tried the link you gave and bam!

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."

do I need to be a member to see that?

anyone bought the 2008 model yet?

some pics please

thank you

@cpsnine

when i tried the link you gave and bam!

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information."

do I need to be a member to see that?

anyone bought the 2008 model yet?

some pics please

thank you

It's a different forum, you need to register an account there to see the pics.

Well, maybe the previous version is more expensive because IMO is less flawed, not available easily and is kind of a classic. Like you, i like the new dial more than the old one, but for me the happy feet is a deal breaker. Maybe a putting a new dial would be a great option to go...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I've seen pics of the gen chrono and the omega logo does have happy feet. I think the logo on the chrono rep is accurate. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

The old (white logo) and the new (red logo) is supposed to have the non happy feet logo. They bouth have this error. But for me the real dealbreaker whit the new one is the short chrono hands. So I think the old is more accurat of the two.

I think you mean Red Seamaster word on dial, not omega logo (Ω). :D

Tony at asian7750 told me the new batch will be coming with non happy feet logo...but we know how things are with those guys... -_-