When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Align the stem on 7750?

tonyp1

How do this without destroying watch? Ive searched the net far and wide and just got more confused. This statment on a watch forum really confused me.

"I made the mistake of removing the stem while the watch was in the hand-setting position, rather than in the winding position. Subsequently, the stem would not fit back into the keyless works"

Im very confused.. Should I press the release lever while inserting stem? Is there a trick to this? I would also like to know what to avoid doing too. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by tonyp1

This got me confused too. But I read before that its ok to take the stem off while in the hand setting position on 7750 movements and when re-inserting it, slightly push the crown release button just like when you did when you took it off. I did it before and it worked. Wait for some experts advice thou..

You got your answer. Gently press the release while inserting/turning the stem.

If that doesn't work or if you tried to jam the stem in, you may have knocked the lever out of it's seat.

removal of the hands, dial and date disc will be needed to re-set it.

Or send it to a qualified watchmaker to fix.

Best,

kurt

Sorry but turn stem clockwise or counter clockwise?