When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any thoughts on the new Jacobs & Co chrono?

cougaree

A not so good replication of a not so interesting watch. I'll pass.

If you feel like having a rubber bezel, go for an AP.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, :) "not so Interesting watch"? ok fine. But to say "not so good of a replication" What facts do you base that statement on? I have been looking at this rep for over a month. I have done several side by side observations. "not so good of a replication"?? I beg to differ. This very well could be "one of" the best out of the box reps available. Spend some time comparing this to the gen,If you stll think that it's not a good replication,fine,no more I can say. I happen to like bold and different designs,I think this J&C Epic will do just fine In my rotation. :victory:

Well, as I said, I am not that interested in this designer's watch.

I have a thing for ceramic details in watches, and the first thing I noticed is the fact that the bezel is rubber instead of ceramic. The back seems PVD. These two details might be corrected in the next versions (if there is enough interest in them..). We have seen that in the past with various AP models (survivor pops in mind).

As for the dial and case, you are right, they do seem to be very well done.

Wear it well and enjoy your new watch. Hope to see a nice review from you :)

A not so good replication of a not so interesting watch. I'll pass.

If you feel like having a rubber bezel, go for an AP.

Whether the watch is to one's liking is very subjective. But from what I can see it is a pretty good replication, particularly for a first attempt. It has double AR too. I tried a gen on a while back at Torneau and was surprised how much I liked it.

I'm leaning towards the rubberclad... love AP but prefer there more 'out there' designs like the Survivor and T3. I find most of the ROO Offshore models a little on the small side, the J&Co is 47mm so it has the size thing going for it.

Well, as I said, I am not that interested in this designer's watch.

I have a thing for ceramic details in watches, and the first thing I noticed is the fact that the bezel is rubber instead of ceramic. The back seems PVD. These two details might be corrected in the next versions (if there is enough interest in them..). We have seen that in the past with various AP models (survivor pops in mind).

As for the dial and case, you are right, they do seem to be very well done.

Wear it well and enjoy your new watch. Hope to see a nice review from you :)

Fair enough :)

Fair enough :)

I will post my QC photos which should be sent soon. As another member pointed out, all the screws are real. Whether one likes the watch is obviously personal taste, but it seems to be an extremely good replication of the gen.

The bezel should be interchangeable, hopefully the maker will come out with a ceramic one. The gen purchased for this replica to made had the rubber bezel, which is why it is the first available. The stainless steel will follow, apparently others might come later if the watch sells well.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this today from Joshua. This watch looks really good. The details are amazing and I have more than 5 reps, this tops all of them. Some thing you should know before buying one:

1. The strap size is not configurable! You need to cut the rubber strap with a knife to adjust it to your wrist size. I know it sounds ridiculous but I took it to a watch repair shop and they confirmed my thoughts. So that means you only wear it yourself and you cannot give it as a gift after a few years or sell it.

2. The screws on the strap are loose. I tightened them and they still get loose.

3. If you order one, tell Joshua not to put a sticker on the nickel case because when I removed mine, it left a stamp on the case which damaged the nickel plating beyond repair. It is not very obvious but it is annoying if you know it.

I will post some pics later.

Overal 9/10 (if i fix the screws problem I will put a 10/10)