When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Waterproof Watch Testers

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

TJ as you have tested the watches can you give some sort of list that shows at what pressure you have tested your reps.

On some sites I do see that some offer to put new seals etc in the watch and test is to 5 bars.

What does a standard not modified rep withstand as for pressure.

:snorkel:

It's an old myth about the movement in water. You would need to move your arm at about 32mph to add 1atm of pressure. If your watch tests out at 3atm you can swim in it. However if it says 3atm on the back then don't risk it as it may not be that water resistant and there is little margin for error.

I say LIKE ME not based so much on my experience, but more on personal limitations. At my age, I don't conserve air as effectively as I once did. In my teens, I could free dive to seventy feet and carry a conch to the surface - as a free diver yourself, can you imagine water so clear that you can see conchs seventy feet down? The water in Guantanamo was like that.

That was a lifetime ago. These days, I play with the kids retrieving quarters off the bottom of a swimming pool.

This is an article I wrote about the last time I actually needed a watch while diving - and I did not wear a rep although if I did it today I probably would just to test it (we had Randy's equipment to rely upon).

The Blue Hole

Bill

Best thing I have read in quite a while

sent, me thinks

Please Sign In or Sign Up