When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Group Buy: Rainer Watch Box

mrboombasteke

Due to all the interest in the Rainer Watch Boxes, I've decided to organize a group buy and use our collective buying power to leverage our size for cheaper cost. Since Rainer is a 1-man-show in Europe, I suspect it may take up to 3 weeks for these to be delivered to you. I'm not trying to make any profit on these, but I hope I don't lose any money either...we'll see. I'll have all shipped to me and then redistribute CONUS only. [EDIT] Will now ship worldwide...see page 2.

Note that I'm planning to purchase a 6 Watch Rainer Watch Box whether this group buy works out or not. Just like Groupon, we need a minimum buy of 10 for the prices listed below. I'd hate to get stuck with 10 watch boxes, so I'll require a $35 deposit. All watch boxes are solid wood and very good quality (members who own can attest to the quality and finish). Rainer says that these are ideal to hold big PAM watches are they all have XXL chambers.

PRICES:

6 Watch Box - $130 (includes s/h)

8 Watch Box - $175 (includes s/h)

12 Watch Box - $205 (includes s/h)

DESCRIPTION:

Solid wood WATCH BOXES for XXL watches

DIMENSIONS:

6 WATCH BOX

Size of the box: 29 x 25 x 9 cm

Max. width of 1 chamber: 80 mm

8 WATCH BOX

size of the box: 36,5 x 24,5 x 9 cm

max. width of 1 chamber: 80 mm

12 WATCH BOX

size of the box: 33 x 32 x 8 cm

max. width of 1 chamber: 73 mm

**For this first run, it'll be limited to the samples below, unless there's a huge demand for one of his other offerings**

6 WATCH BOX

6er_schwarz_neu.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

8 WATCH BOX

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

12 WATCH BOX

12er_Uhrenbox_schwarz.jpg

12er_Uhrenbox_schwarz_01.jpg

Mods, if this is against the rules, please close thread and delete. Thanks everyone.

:pimp:

I have a few of these myself...they are great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But if you have big watches (44mm PAMs and above) and big straps...then do not order the 12 watch box..I have this and the lid doesnt close properly....If you have small wrists etc you should be fine but because the 12 watch box is shallower, the watches will not fit properly... Ammo straps or Deployant etc set for large wrists will be a problem so choose the 6 or 8, I have a couple of 6ers and these are fine..no probs at all :thumbsupsmileyanim:

These are great, the quality is amazing in the usual German fashion...I have 2 x 6's! Rainer is a great guy too :good:

They are made in thailand.

I've been to the factory.

And have confirmed this with the makers there...the boxes are then sent to DE and then repackaged to be sent off to the buyer with the little quibble "All the best from Germany"

I've had the Carbon Fibre, Macassar Ebony, Burlwood and a host of others in my possession.

All beautiful, handmade THAI crafstmanship. Not German.

Not trying to hijack here, but wanted to state that as fact.

Anyone remember the OP logo'd Carbon Fiber boxes that Rainer had made up? All the old school panny collectors like Hammer have them...yep, made in Thailand. But he had to stop as OP got wind of it and was just a tad pissed that someone was profitting from their copyrighted logo.

• Like 1

ORDERS:

1. Ztech - 6 Watch

2. redwatch - 6 Watch

3. asimplefarmer - 6 Watch

4. mrboombasteke - 6 Watch

To those who aren't CONUS, I'd love to be able to ship internationally, but I don't think that's feasible. Note that the prices listed above are over 20% off Rainer's list price. I don't know his cost from Thailand.

If we get a 5th, I think I may be able to squeeze the buy. The USD has already taken a hit since the original post, so there would be no room for error. I'm determined to make a buy work...I've seen far too many fail.

All, you'll be happy to know that due to the number of non CONUS demand, I've been able to negotiate a discount for our European members. :thumbsupsmileyanim: For the 6 Watch Box, here's the total price (includes shipping to your door):

6 WATCH BOX COST

Germany: 81EUR (~$115)

Rest of Europe: 91EUR (~$128)

USA: $130

For those of you that expressed an interest earlier, please confirm in a post again with the type of watch box you'd like.

CURRENT ORDERS:

1. Ztech...........6 Watch Black [uSA]

2. redwatch........6 Watch Black [uSA]

3. asimplefarmer...6 Watch Black [uSA]

4. mrboombasteke...6 Watch Black [uSA]

5. 100.............6 Watch Black [uSA]

cheers,

P.S. How to I edit the topic?

I can get these shipped anywhere in the world...I just don't think the prices are as great. For example, the price for a 6 Watch Box shipped to Asia or Australia is 111EUR (~157USD). That's still 10% of his list price. Obviously, this is a game of numbers...if we had 20 orders, the prices would go down even further.

cheers,

[EDIT]

6 WATCH BOX COST

Germany: 81EUR (~115USD)

Rest of Europe: 91EUR (~128USD)

USA: 130USD

Rest of world: 111EUR (~157USD)

CURRENT ORDERS:

1. Ztech...........6 Watch Black [uSA]

2. redwatch........6 Watch Black [uSA]

3. asimplefarmer...6 Watch Black [uSA]