When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Franken

baruch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dont worry, my dial is gen :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have seen yesterday another gen DSSD dial for my friend and yes, it is matte too..... (sealed like the GMT II insert, shown on the pic).....

dont worry, my dial is gen :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have seen yesterday another gen DSSD dial for my friend and yes, it is matte too..... (sealed like the gen GMT II insert, shown on the pic).....

post-22800-0-52338600-1301489781.jpg

I have seen yesterday another gen DSSD dial for my friend and yes, it is matte too..... (sealed like the GMT II insert, shown on the pic).....

Then you will have to check with your optician because you gen dial is gloss... :winkiss:

Edited by JIFF

Well, with such a big difference in dial finish over a singe generation, one would expect to find a few threads/posts in GEN forums. The silence goes to show how much the GEN owners know about their watches, and what their discussions are about.. Kudos to RWG (and other rep-forums) for the quality of content created! No wonder most of us frequent GEN forums only for news kits and some infrequent quality pics :)

• 2 months later...

Great project you got going around there. So the gen dial is smaller then the rep? Or why do you have the gap on the top of the dial between the dial and the case?

there is no gap between the dial & case. maybe the angel from the photo. oem & rep dial are the same size!

I love the matte dial, but it's been bothering me. I remembered that I had a dissected DEEPSEA image in my files and offer this for those that might be feel a little disappointed that their dial isn't matte...

DeepSea-0Chronometerhemmung.jpg

Gotta love Rolex... <_<

does anybody know how to disassemble the bezel of the dssd? the same way like you manage it with a sd (take a knife and pull off at position 7 or 11)?

Edited by drwho

• 1 year later...