When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New project...... 5514 Comex

Original Scope

I like the overall look, especially the bracelet. But I am not so sure about the dial (fonts look wrong, especially the comex lettering, which should be serifed & more nearly squarish)

post-3175-0-53179100-1300506857.jpg

Or the case (I wonder if the case may be too thick, like it is more of a Sea-Dweller instead of a Sub, which is what the 5514 is)? Unlike the 2nd gen+ versions of the SD (the 1st SD used a Sub case), the valve in the side of the 5514 (which has a lower profile case) is more nearly vertically centered

post-3175-0-35347300-1300506584.jpg

post-3175-0-79131600-1300506700.jpg

post-3175-0-68934100-1300506711.jpg

The 5514 is a really tough bird to get right.

Looks like he uses a 1665 case for his 5514. Still looks good though. Bezel seems a little thick also. So hard to tell with Yuki stuff, as it seems to change constantly.

I like the dial on this one. The dark markers look good.

dizz

Looks like he uses a 1665 case for his 5514. Still looks good though. Bezel seems a little thick also. So hard to tell with Yuki stuff, as it seems to change constantly.

I like the dial on this one. The dark markers look good.

dizz

yep, he uses a 1665 case set for the 5514. that´s totaly wrong and also the rehaut is off. for franken projects it is the best to go with ndt or phong.... i know they are expensive but their cases are 1:1...

I'm curious,

I've seen a few of these frankin projects here and some of you are using gen movements

I have been watching the bay and haven't seen many, so where are you getting the movements and what kind of price are you paying?

great job !

I take the permission to add my 2 cents,

for me its the case which is to thick, Comex 5514 were built from regular sub 5512/13 case. Personally I would use a thin 5512/13 case and drill myself the HEV hole.

anyway, the watch looks very, very good as it is, I love the lume on the dial

Edited by Rolexaddict