When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ETA 6497 Won't Start

bkwbkw

Hey All,

Had an ETA 6497 (brand new from Ofrei) installed by my watch maker and I can't seem to get it to start. It's totally wound up, nothing blocking the balance wheel or anything I can see with the back removed. Even tried a 'love tap' to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Release the main spring tension and try winding again, but if this movement wont run generaly there is something wrong with it od the fitting, a simple thing like the dial pressing on the seconds hand can oftern be the cause

Found these:

http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/6497/6947.html

and

http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3412&view=previous

and I've come to the realization that I don't have the skills required to perform this :(

Looks like I'll have to enlist one of the guys here.. anyone know who can take care of this quickly without too long of a wait? I've waited weeks for my 005 and then again for the ofrei movement.. can't stand not having the watch in my possession!

This looks like a job for .... THE KATT !! He's a great watchsmith over on RWI. Courteous, professional and fast. Nothing but good things to say about this guy.

Watchsmith-Katt-2.png

He does not do 7750 tho. I appreciate his honesty when he says up front that he's not qualified for those.