When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

on a 42mm PO bracelet...

howiestt

• 2 weeks later...

My rep 20mm has the 952 "right side up", and the pin access slots are real clean and beveled, and it came on a 5+ yr old 45.5mm, definitely "NON U" PO....

IMG_5588.jpg

Oddly, a few weeks ago, while grocery shopping a German fellow noticed it on my wrist, and proudly showed me his obviously gen "pumpkin" PO...He then complimented me on my choice of watches!!

Apparently all of the crazy "hoops" some of us jump through to try to get as close to gen as possible are something of an exercise in futility in the real world......My $85.00 rep, with all its flaws passed the scrutiny of a gen owner with flying colors!

My rep 20mm has the 952 "right side up", and the pin access slots are real clean and beveled, and it came on a 5+ yr old 45.5mm, definitely "NON U" PO....

IMG_5588.jpg

Oddly, a few weeks ago, while grocery shopping a German fellow noticed it on my wrist, and proudly showed me his obviously gen "pumpkin" PO...He then complimented me on my choice of watches!!

Apparently all of the crazy "hoops" some of us jump through to try to get as close to gen as possible are something of an exercise in futility in the real world......My $85.00 rep, with all its flaws passed the scrutiny of a gen owner with flying colors!

I've lived that same experience time and again...

I've got more than a few gen, and more than a few rep... Some in double... And I need to look twice or more to get "the right one". Sometimes even I fool myself, believe I've got the rep on the wrist only to discover sometimes later, on remembering one specific thing, that no, it's the gen!!

My noobmariner has been admired as a "very nice example of the 1660" by a guy sporting an obviously gen deepsea dweller...

I'm the only one, apart maybe other "rep-geeks", to notice the flaws of my reps. Even ADs (not of the same brand, normally) would be fouled by most of the "good reps".

But that's part of the sport, of the passion... chasing details that no one sees...