When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pay Pal selling question

kasi

Hi Guys

I m not a big PP guy and like to sell one of my watches a original Bell & Ross Orange Limited Chrono 250 online i have a PP account but actually only do payments with it ,is there any risk involved to accept PP with selling that higher value watch . what kind of secure payment method you Guys prefer to make sure you get not scammed ?? I put her on Craigslist but i have the feeling there are tons of dubious people sneaking around just to scam you out of your stuff .

Thanks for any Tip how to do that deal safe !!

No matter which way you go there is always a risk....

For high value some guys like the escrow method or better still a BT but then its just as risky for buyers.... so of course the collect and pay is the perfect method...

I think with PP as long as you cover all your bases with evidence of the condition, working order, delivery method and relevant proof of dating then you should be OK mate as any claim is subject to PP adjudication.. Also make sure your advert is accurate and fully disclosed with a no return statement etc and you use a proper method of shipping with full insurance etc

I remember once I was that concerned on one deal that I video'd without pause the watch, close up the warranty stuff, box etc etc all with a newspaper in view then I wrapped it and addressed it and signed the edges etc ....well you get the idea..

Nothing happened but I am sure it would of helped if the guy ever claimed it was damaged or not as described etc etc

With all that said though...just like we say buy the seller not the watch the same goes with the buyer IMHO

Thanks for any Tip how to do that deal safe !!

Make sure that you read all of the fine print for seller protection.

The most important one is that you need absolute proof of signed for delivery.

You will need the actual signature, "delivery confirmation" (a USPS service) does not work.

It will also have to be shipped only to a PayPal confirmed address. Having a PayPal account does not, by itself, meet this requirement. Make the requirement known in your auction. For all the rest, accept only Western Union cash transfer.

I recommend registered mail, with signed delivery receipt returned to sender.

Totally agree...but most PP scams arent based around non receipt...its on whats delivered thats disputed....

I heard of guys swapping parts from whats sent then claiming its a fake etc etc The key IMHO is proving what you sent not just that you sent it... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you can, avoid Paypal for high risk transactions. The buyer can always perform a chargeback on his bank after payment is cleared. They are thousands of various techniques to rip off honnest seller

Prefer WU, or any kind of ways you obtain the cash AND send the watch with no risks of getting ripped off once the buyer has it...

Google is your friend..

Another common internet scam...parts swapping:

A watch dealer I know has a website with 30 or 40 rolex watches for sale all the time. He sold a like new Prez to a guy and took the credit card info etc on the phone before he sent the watch. He waited until the payment went into his bank account, then sent the watch.

About two weeks later the watch came back with a worn out bracelet and a note stating the buyer was contesting the purchase with his cc company because the bracelet was worn out.

The cc company took the $$ back from the seller because the buyer returned the same watch according to the case serial number. The seller tried every way he knew to get his $$ back but he could not prove what happened because he had no way to prove the bracelet was not worn out when he sent it.