When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master II c Serial no

rene

I believe the Z serial models are older like V2 or older. The Z serial ones had black painted rehaut "engravings" too where the V serial engravings are not colored. I've owned the GMTIIC 5 or 6 different times since it came out and the latest one I picked up is a V3 with V serial.

V3 upgrades are a thicker bezel assembly which results in a slight recess of the ceramic bezel and a more proper crystal height. The bezel numbers are brighter, larger, and deeper cut. The crown is slight shorter.

I believe the Z serial models are older like V2 or older. The Z serial ones had black painted rehaut "engravings" too where the V serial engravings are not colored. I've owned the GMTIIC 5 or 6 different times since it came out and the latest one I picked up is a V3 with V serial.

V3 upgrades are a thicker bezel assembly which results in a slight recess of the ceramic bezel and a more proper crystal height. The bezel numbers are brighter, larger, and deeper cut. The crown is slight shorter.

Thanks Tikerz,

This is the anwser i was looking for. I was never much of a rolex fan but this model grows on me more and more. I never understood people why they where thinking that rolex was the ultimate watch brand with the flimsy or what ever you call it "crappy" clasp and band attachments. Buy a 7000$ watch and lock the watch around your wrist with a piece of tin foil attached too you watch band with hollow links ?????. But these last models are really nice and well build i see even the REPS.