When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM026K received this morning...

prdubis

Hi mates,

I have received my 026K this morning.

The DLC coating looks really great and the color is spot on.

I'm not sure if they updated the fonts on the dial but unfortunately, the dial looks really flat. When you look at it straight forward, It doesn't look like a sandwich dial at all.

The leather strap looks great, I own the gen black calf one and the rep is good quality even if it smells a bit like plastic...Printings on the backside are wrong too.

FYI, the gen 026K was fitted with a black sueded buffalo strap, I own it too and it is really fabulous, one of my favorite straps.

Personally, I wear it on a custom made orange toad skin strap with the newest sewn-in DLC coated Panerai buckle from Rolexfinder. This strap is coming from ABP, a beauty!

Last year, I bought the DSN version of the 026K, and it's easy to say that this new version is a huge improvement. DLCed CG is perfect, the pin highly polished, the crown is thick and the caseset great.

A very good rep.

And now the pics...

P1000149.jpg

P1000150.jpg

P1000151.jpg

P1000152.jpg

P1000153.jpg

P1000154.jpg

P1000155.jpg

Gen strap and gen buckle on the left, rep strap and rep buckle on the right:

P1000156.jpg

P1000157.jpg

P1000158.jpg

P1000159.jpg

P1000160.jpg

OEM sueded black buffalo strap:

P1000161.jpg

P1000162.jpg

Cartel Vs. DSN

P1000163.jpg

DSN case and dial (sorry, my dial has been damaged and needs replacing...)

P1000164.jpg

P1000165.jpg

026K Vs. 177L, 219L, 005K...

P1000166.jpg

P1000167.jpg

P1000168.jpg

Lume shot after 10 sec exposure, sunny day here in the south of France...

P1000172.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Looks great, just wish they would make the cutouts deeper! It can be achieved by just making the top plate a few mm thicker. Other than that, looks great! First 026 i've seen pictured (other than QC pics). I really like it on the orange toad strap, the contrast between the case and the strap set the whole thing off.

Wish I was a lefty, I would pick one of these up in a heart beat, but 1 destro is enough for me (219).

Toad strap...whats wrong did you eat all the frogs ? ;)

Great comparison mate on the straps :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSNs was never a goer IMHO but his destros have always been sub par..

Be great to see if you could capture that depth shot from an angle...

So setting aside the dial ...is this a DLC of the rep 219 or are there are divergences mate..?

Congrats and wear it welll.....I guess its off for a relume :)

I had one of those OEM buffalos a few years back which came off a gen 26K, I never really liked it myself with the DLC...on my wrist anyway...on others it looked good...I guess its the Tats that clash !!! ;)

Here is the gen..

Panerai26MMA.jpg

Ebzen: (As a side note, the difference in font does not bug me at all) Take a look at the "P" and the "R" on the rep, now compare it to the gen. See how the looped part of the "P" and the "R" is wider on the gen, whereas the "P" and "R" on the rep is narrower? Also, look at the spacing between each individual letter in "Luminor" and "Marina".... the letters are a bit closer together on the gen, more spaced apart on the rep.

Basically, the H-factory just used the same font that was used on their previous releases. But, on the positive side, the numerals on the dial appear to be spot on.

Edited by ugoderosa

Side-by-side

gen on left, rep on right

(the color is off due to the lighting conditions when taking the photos)

026repgen.jpg

Now I am no expert, but right off the bat you can notice the font is bolder on the gen and the "L SWISS MADE L" is too wide on the rep.

But the crown looks close to the case on the gen.

I like the rep and think it is a good looking watch unlike the dsn alternative but seeing the dial side by side you really see they did a sloppy job on the dial.

It does just come down to fonts and spacing and with just a little care it could have been so much better.

i know these are great reps for the money but as they improve the flaws become more apparent especially ones that are easily fixable.

Mine is waiting at home for my arrival tonight! I'm too excited. Luckily I have a gen speedmaster delivered to work today!

I like it, case is great. Shame about the fonts but I'm very much used to that now - how hard is it to bloody get it right. Seems so odd they take the time to make these and miss the smallest details time and time again

Thank you for posting the photo's of you new watch. Congratulations and enjoy it. Great tread, really enjoyed reading it.