When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PT 1680 Project

MilSub

Props for being bold enough to go after the date window on the dial.

Did you just use a small file?

Looks great!

The cg's could be slimmed and trimmed a smidgen more.

The bleached bezel looks great, love the look.

COngrats on a nice looking watch!

I was lucky enough to pay $150 for a brand new "NOS" vintage Rolex bezel on ebay, keep checking out the auctions from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Props for being bold enough to go after the date window on the dial.

Did you just use a small file?

Looks great!

The cg's could be slimmed and trimmed a smidgen more.

The bleached bezel looks great, love the look.

COngrats on a nice looking watch!

I was lucky enough to pay $150 for a brand new "NOS" vintage Rolex bezel on ebay, keep checking out the auctions from time to time.

I used a small file for the date window. I'll go after the cg's some day but for now I'm pretty pleased.

The MBW datewindows are a good size, but I think they are still smaller than gen. The PT window is REALLY narrow. You need to open it up top to bottom and also on the left hand side closer to the center of the dial.

The MBW datewindows are a good size, but I think they are still smaller than gen. The PT window is REALLY narrow. You need to open it up top to bottom and also on the left hand side closer to the center of the dial.

I'm getting ready to send my MBW off and have the CG worked on... is it worth having the date window filed while it's out?

I think the markers looked too white and new after my relume, so I put the dial and hands in the oven for a few minutes. I allso filed away the date magnifier, scratched the crystal up a bit and repolished it. Now it looks much better in my opinion. The markers are still white but with a slight fade to them and the partly polished out scratches in the crystal cover up my less than perfect lume job. Allso, without the date magnifier the date window looks much better. The crown guards still need some work, but they don't bother me that much so I'll do it when I have time.

1680oven3.jpg