When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 concepta Genenstein .....

Pentax1

You are taking everything he says out of context to prove a point that everybody agrees with... even concepta.

Yes, its wrong to sell your concepta piece as a genuine watch just like its wrong that people sell their watchco sm300s as "NOS" watches without any mention of watchco.

Just like its wrong to sell a gen vintage Rolex without stating its been serviced and repaired 10 times through out it's life by a local watchsmith who probably replaced many parts with non-rolex certified parts... but who says that?

Its wrong to be dishonest! Agreeeeed.

Its up the individuals who own these watches to be morally responsible if they decide to sell.

This isn't some noob thing where new members are going to think "itsok" to sell these pieces as genuine. This is a morally wrong thing which is learned outside the rep world.

The dude asked if he can get it certified for INSURANCE PURPOSES. What's wrong with that?

Talk about double standard.... you are being irrational.

Edited by phillycheez

You are taking everything he says out of context to prove a point that everybody agrees with... even concepta.

Yes, its wrong to sell your concepta piece as a genuine watch just like its wrong that people sell their watchco sm300s as "NOS" watches without any mention of watchco.

Just like its wrong to sell a gen vintage Rolex without stating its been serviced and repaired 10 times through out it's life by a local watchsmith who probably replaced many parts with non-rolex certified parts... but who says that?

Its wrong to be dishonest! Agreeeeed.

Its up the individuals who own these watches to be morally responsible if they decide to sell.

This isn't some noob thing where new members are going to think "itsok" to sell these pieces as genuine. This is a morally wrong thing which is learned outside the rep world.

The dude asked if he can get it certified for INSURANCE PURPOSES. What's wrong with that?

Talk about double standard.... you are being irrational.

Im not being irrational, we just have different moral standards when it comes to this.

There is nothing out of context. Concepta stated on both forums plainly that you can take these watches to an ad and get a certificate of authenticity.

The insurance is an excellent example.

What you are suggesting is fraud. Plain and simple. Can you really say if the insurance company had all the facts they would insure the piece for full genuine value,

In my buisness there is a well known musical instrument dealer that got involved in putting together old instuments from many damaged ones or ones that could not get certified as 100 percent original. He did the work so skillfully he was able to obtain papers for these instruments as originals and insure them for millions. They contained all original parts but were not assembled by the original maker.

He claimed insurance on a few of these and then sold a few in Asia for milllions.

He is awaiting trial or currently in jail for the insurance part of it.

You are right it is up to the owner to do the right thing but it is irresponsible for the seller to state that.

Concepta could have apologized and said it was a silly thing to suggest but he came on here and said he never stated that to anyone, I am sure all the posts are edited now.

I will say again these are the best watches on the forums and anyone who wants one should get in line. I have never heard of him not following through on a deal or a sale.

He does have a problem with white lies and the shilling gets old. I have experienced it personally as have others who have continued to email in support of my point here.

K2222 ripped alot of us off and I am not saying this will happen but when I see something I consider wrong I say something after that. I draw no comparisons between them but they both had and have the luxury of the trust and freedom to do business here.

That's all I will say on the matter.

Chad has been 100% right on this. There's not even the slightest bit of moral ambiguity on the subject.

I know it may seem odd for a forum like this, but a massive part of our job is to keep genuine sales clean. We're the guys reporting the fake ebay sales or stopping people passing them off as genuine. We call a spade a spade.

This forum's policy is that you'll get cast out with pitchforks if you even take a rep to a dealer, let alone try to get a certificate of authenticity on it. I'm absolutely shocked and appalled at not just the suggestion, but the eagerness of some folk to take up the challenge. There's a pitchfork and baying mob waiting for those that do.

Let people that buy the real IWC watch enjoy them, and don't rip them off with undeserving certificates.

Concepta's watches are the absolute best of the best of their kind. I lust after them. But if they were real watches, they'd be sold as such. But they're not genuine IWC watches.

Respects to the OP who didn't ask for this can of worms in his thread, he'll be getting a grand watch which he'll love.

you guys are absolutely right.

Insurance companies are angels and we should respect their policies while China should be abused and exploited for their labor laws so we can benefit owning amazing looking time pieces with boxes and PAPERS.

I mean, i will never pay for boxes and papers as i don't care that much but it seems to morally OK around here.

2006 guys? you both are old members who have a lot of wisdom and experience with this. Thousands of dollars worth of reps have passed through your hands who were made by..... a few kids in a barn? please, spare me the "im better than you morally" attitude.

I'm over it too. I'm just happy that if I want peace of mind knowing my watch has genuine IWC parts I have the option to prove to myself by getting an issue of authenticity... for ME and ME only.

Anyways, I am personally sorry for crapping on the OP's thread (wasn't me who started it the crapping though...).

That is a beautiful watch you ordered and I can't wait to get mine too. :)

you guys are absolutely right.

Insurance companies are angels and we should respect their policies while China should be abused and exploited for their labor laws so we can benefit owning amazing looking time pieces with boxes and PAPERS.

I mean, i will never pay for boxes and papers as i don't care that much but it seems to morally OK around here.

2006 guys? you both are old members who have a lot of wisdom and experience with this. Thousands of dollars worth of reps have passed through your hands who were made by..... a few kids in a barn? please, spare me the "im better than you morally" attitude.

I'm over it too. I'm just happy that if I want peace of mind knowing my watch has genuine IWC parts I have the option to prove to myself by getting an issue of authenticity... for ME and ME only.

Anyways, I am personally sorry for crapping on the OP's thread (wasn't me who started it the crapping though...).

That is a beautiful watch you ordered and I can't wait to get mine too. :)

If I had to stand against labor laws and abuse in china I would not have this 27'' imac I am typing on, any of my appliances, or some of the clothes I am wearing.

It's a terrible situation there, I agree.

I do not really have the power to change an industry of 10,000,000 workers being treated poorly.

I do have the power to let people know that this issue here is not right in my opinion

P.S.

I do not buy or support our dealers sale of boxes or papers. It's disgusting.

If I had to stand against labor laws and abuse in china I would not have this 27'' imac I am typing on, any of my appliances, or some of the clothes I am wearing.

It's a terrible situation there, I agree.

I do not really have the power to change an industry of 10,000,000 workers being treated poorly.

I do have the power to let people know that this issue here is not right in my opinion

P.S.

I do not buy or support our dealers sale of boxes or papers. It's disgusting.

Agreed with everything you said. I didn't know not all dealers can source boxes and papers. I was under the impression if you asked they could get it. Never really looked into it. Just heard that the "papers" part had actual dealer info on it. Never understood why people pay for stuff like that but whatever makes them happy.

I have the same watch :D

Get a rep Top Gun (V2) kevlar strap and a rep IWC buckle or deployment.

Look great!

He made one for me in the past. You might wait some time but it worth the effort. He can make you all gen, but the case and glass which is quite identical but the TG engraving: dial, hands, datewheel, movement all gen..If you need perfection, he is your man.

He made one for me in the past. You might wait some time but it worth the effort. He can make you all gen, but the case and glass which is quite identical but the TG engraving: dial, hands, datewheel, movement all gen..If you need perfection, he is your man.

Once I get the 3717, The Next Order will be a Top Gun from Concepta :)

K2222 ripped alot of us off and I am not saying this will happen but when I see something I consider wrong I say something after that. I draw no comparisons between them but they both had and have the luxury of the trust and freedom to do business here.

Interesting that you bring this up. The parallels are many. Both came to the forum not to participate in discussion, but with the primary purpose to sell. Both built up a cult following rapidly. Etc. Nevertheless, Concepta is not K2222. And I've got no reason to assume he ever will be. But the point of buyer beware is one not to be taken lightly.

Interesting that you bring this up. The parallels are many. Both came to the forum not to participate in discussion, but with the primary purpose to sell. Both built up a cult following rapidly. Etc. Nevertheless, Concepta is not K2222. And I've got no reason to assume he ever will be. But the point of buyer beware is one not to be taken lightly.

Hmm....i did not come here with a primary purpose to sell! I make nearly ZERO on doing this!

This has always been my way to give back to the community and friends here! The very little markup i have on these projects shall also pay shipping, oftenly PP fees and also returns and faulty items!

I may not be the most frequent participator in discussions, but i am here because i love this forum where i have met many friends and fellow collectors!

Sorry but i get a little offended when i am compared to a scammer like K222 :wounded1:

Hmm....i did not come here with a primary purpose to sell! I make nearly ZERO on doing this!

This has always been my way to give back to the community and friends here! The very little markup i have on these projects shall also pay shipping, oftenly PP fees and also returns and faulty items!

I may not be the most frequent participator in discussions, but i am here because i love this forum where i have met many friends and fellow collectors!

Sorry but i get a little offended when i am compared to a scammer like K222 :wounded1:

Well I've got no dog in this fight. I'm simply providing what I think is an objective viewpoint. Take it for what it's worth. From where I sit, there was little to no transition period between your joining the forum and starting to sell parts and then watches. And you don't seem to regularly participate in discussion. Now, keep in mind, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. It is what it is. But usually people who are here for the discussion and because they share a passion, undergo a transition from regular forum member to becoming a regular seller or someone who offers services; it's almost like a natural progression. So, based simply on appearances alone and without going in to economics or the like, my observation would be that you joined the forum with the intent to sell. And, again, I'm not saying that is good or bad. But I don't think you should be surprised to find out others might have the same impression. And while I don't hold it against you, others might.

SImple solution, do not tell people they can walk into an AD and get papers on your gen part assembled pieces and they will not think you will are capable of scamming anyone in the future.

Or for example, do not post a "Discussion" about how a Gen IWC strap is the best upgrade in the universe even over a Gen dial and then post that strap for sale a day later and people will not think you are just here to be a salesman.

So you are saying that over the course of your time here you have made "nearly zero" building and selling these watches?

I just do not believe that, I am sorry. Even if your profit margin was less than 10 percent you would be well over 10k in profit. Do I care if you have made money? No way, go for it but "nearly zero"?

This is an example of the little white lies you tell. If you said, yes I do make some extra money here but I bring great parts and pieces to the group everyone would respect that.

Maybe your profit margin is low but not "nearly zero"

Nah, no way no how.

I am offended by this sort of witch-hunt, which is presently going on here.

I always have experienced concepta as a fair partner who always kept what he said.

I have a franken 3717 from him (and never applied for papers..). At the time of inquiring I had counter checked his prices with the bloke from Portugal who is mostely active on Repgeek....

This guy was considerably more expensive and he noted, that concepta can in no way make any profit on this.

He will have had some profit for sure, but it surely wasn´t a lot and this is totally ok !

If something is really disgusting here, it is to compare him with K222 without any evidence.

It appears, that we have members here with outstanding moral standards who teach us where the border line between clean collection of reps and unacceptable coduct is (never buy a box !). Finally I got the advise I was waiting for all my live.

Mates, you are walking on thin ice. One could well argue, that already the buying, selling and collecting of reps as such is fraud, support of child labor and what else so ever. Just consult your local customs officer or ask IWC what they think about your hobby as such.

So please accept eveyones freedom of mind here, accept the different attitudes of different people and refrain from missionary missions. :pardon:

I am offended by this sort of witch-hunt, which is presently going on here.

I always have experienced concepta as a fair partner who always kept what he said.

I have a franken 3717 from him (and never applied for papers..). At the time of inquiring I had counter checked his prices with the bloke from Portugal who is mostely active on Repgeek....

This guy was considerably more expensive and he noted, that concepta can in no way make any profit on this.

He will have had some profit for sure, but it surely wasn´t a lot and this is totally ok !

If something is really disgusting here, it is to compare him with K222 without any evidence.

It appears, that we have members here with outstanding moral standards who teach us where the border line between clean collection of reps and unacceptable coduct is (never buy a box !). Finally I got the advise I was waiting for all my live.

Mates, you are walking on thin ice. One could well argue, that already the buying, selling and collecting of reps as such is fraud, support of child labor and what else so ever. Just consult your local customs officer or ask IWC what they think about your hobby as such.

So please accept eveyones freedom of mind here, accept the different attitudes of different people and refrain from missionary missions. :pardon:

I do not disagree with anything you have said. He provides excellent pieces at excellent prices but I still stand by everything I have said about the situation.

I am sure your 3717 is awesome.

I think there is a line you can walk with reps that keeps it away from fraud and more towards personal enjoyment and satisfaction. I try to abide by that in respect for the gens. I own both.

My comparison to k2222 is only based on the fact that people blindly followed anything he said or did because he provided a service that everyone wanted.

I am not claiming that concepta has scammed or done anything of that nature in any deals. To my knowledge he has done no such thing. If you love IWC then he is the guy to go to.

I still stand by everything I have said though, I find some of his ethics sketchy.