When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP RO Jumbo Comparison

whacky

So I have really wanted a white dialed watch for some time. Now that summer is coming, I am definitely looking for one.

One watch that I have just been infatuated with lately is the Royal Oak Jumbo. Model 15300. I think the white dial looks stunning.

However, I have never owned any AP reps. I was wondering if people could post up their thoughts on the smaller case diameter.

Any comparison wristshots would be stellar. My collection now consists mostly of the standard PAMs, Breitlings, Omegas, and Rolexs.

I just wanna know how it might stack up.

Thanks

Thanks.

I only ask because its a smaller watch than I am used to. 39-40mm is much smaller than the 44-45mm PAMs and breitlings that I have traditionally worn.

But it doesn't seem that small. How does it wear??

Seems like it wears bigger than 39mm

• Like 1

TX- the screws on yours look really nice - may I ask you for your source and the exact model? There are floating a lot of different APs around, soman advice would be very nice. Owned the 15202 (real "Jumbo") from the group buy, but couldn't get used to the screws.

The pics above are not showing the Jumbo, it's the 15300 with second hand, normalm39mm size. Wears much bigger than other 39mm watches.

Looks superb. Best, J

I second the fact that the royal oak wears large.

I had an MBW 15202 and it wore a lot bigger than it's actual size.

I have yet not gotten that much complements on a watch..Gerald Genta knew what he did on the AP RO (And the nautilus for that matter..)

Yeah its a really stunning watch. I presume that dial looks fantastic in the natural sunlight.

Either way, the only thing keeping me back was thinking it would be too appear too small. But I'm glad it wears a little larger than its 39mm case spec.

Just curious, Anybody got pics of this watch on a wrist at the same time as another larger watch?

Sorry no comparison shot at hand, but I second the members above: the RO wears bigger than the 39mm diameter it meassures.

Will check tonight and do a comp-shot for you....what watch would you like to see in comparison?

- PAM

- Super Avenger

- Avenger

- Hublot King Power

- AP ROO

- AP T3

You name it.

Theo

Wow thats awesome. I would really appreciate that.

I would say either the Pam, or the Avenger would give it a good dimensional comparison. I own both and would give me some idea of what it would look like.

• 1 month later...

This is mine (the latest cartel version). I'm thinking about selling it as soon as I get it back from my watchmaker... :)

Even it's only 39mm, it wears large for some reason.

084ae46f.jpg

I have read that this model has problems with the crown, that a lot of work does to screw him. has your Ap this problem?

TX- the screws on yours look really nice - may I ask you for your source and the exact model? There are floating a lot of different APs around, soman advice would be very nice. Owned the 15202 (real "Jumbo") from the group buy, but couldn't get used to the screws.

The pics above are not showing the Jumbo, it's the 15300 with second hand, normalm39mm size. Wears much bigger than other 39mm watches.

Looks superb. Best, J

are any 15202 still available?

• 4 weeks later...

can someone help me with these pics? Mary says one is 21j, one is swiss - but I cant tell which is which

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

I dont mean the movement, I mean the cases - the swiss and the 21j are from different factories and the swiss is new movement.

I cant see the sense in paying an extra $150 for swiss over 21j provided the cases/bracelet are the same

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these two watches seems like the newer version of the Jumbo.

Finish doesn't look like mine, but maybe you are not looking for this one?

Here is mine with an ETA inside

Best regards

PS

That's correct. The new version has a silver movement with the golden rotor. Models with all gold movements are probably an older version.