When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you could buy one DW 6239

ebzen02

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which 6239?

I vote for #3, a refreshing change from all the black dial watches we see.

Hmm, I'd really like to get a one of DW's Daytonas but it sounds very frustrating.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.. Might wait for the cartel versions with the Venus movements. They have their own set of flaws, but so do DW's. The Cartel PN doesn't seem that bad after all. Hoping more models will come out soon. I might just relax and sit on the fence for a bit longer.. Folks, your input is greatly appreciated!

Edited by ebzen02

Despite the pounding-head-against-the-wall frustrations, DW's are some of my favorite reps. But let me be clear: It took about 4 months and a lot of advice from the old experts of RWG before I considered my 6263 reliable enough to be a daily wearer. The 6239 was the opposite--a straightforward build and trouble-free for the past 9 months. I should note that both Daytonas came as unbuilt kits. I bought my Tudor 7032 as a 'pre-assembled' watch head, and it arrived in an almost comical state, and it was a bit of a grind to get it to its present condition.

You begin to understand the premium Spinmaster charges for his services. And maybe that $1500 Phong case isn't such a bad deal after all...

Hmmm.. Might wait for the cartel versions with the Venus movements. They have their own set of flaws, but so do DW's. The Cartel PN doesn't seem that bad after all. Hoping more models will come out soon. I might just relax and sit on the fence for a bit longer.. Folks, your input is greatly appreciated!

They are out now ($238 each, I believe) & the addition of asymmetrical pushers & (manual-wind) Venus movements (with frozen hour totalizers) raise the bar again. As usual, I would debate some of their claims that these new reps are identical (in size/shape) to the gens, but, for the money, they are improvements over the old symmetrical-pushered, automatic 7750-powered reps.

What bothers me the most are not the flawed subdials or hands of these new daytonas but the huge Rolex font! The PN is the only option for me (the font is closer to gen) and it is not my favorite combo unfortunately.

edit: I am also waiting to see if they release my favorite of the bunch, 6265..

Edited by ebzen02

I like 3 and 4. Now the problem is that I want to stay on a budget and although a spinmaster would be ideal, right now I am not willing to fork $600 on a watch I might not use as often as my Panerai's.

Am I willing to risk it? Not sure. Does DW ever sell complete watches that don't don't collapse on you? Lol! I have a few watches that will sell to fund this so I have a bit of time to consider. Also this will be my only Rolex..since I am getting rid of two subs-- I don't like the attention they attract.. Prefer watches nobody has a clue as to what they are and for a Rolex these are pretty inconspicuous from a distance.

Prefer watches nobody has a clue as to what they are...

You sound like a prime candidate for the Tudor Club! ;) The vintage models have pretty much the same elegance as their Rollie cousins but fly way under the radar...

Hehehe! Dang! You know me!

Honestly, I might scrap being a cheapo and go the spinmaster route. I honestly want a 6265- a reliable one. Tudor?? Damn it there is something about that stupid crown I like.

I'd definitely do that. Don't risk getting disappointed or having to spend a hell lot of money on repairs. The silver dial looks better accuracy-wise imo. Getting these right doesn't come cheap, but it's well worth it in the end. You might want to consider a gen crown and crystal, too. :whistling:

Get two a #3 & a #4 and send the oneyou dont like as much as the other to me please

+1 LOL

Have 2, 3 is on order, and would like to add 4. My fav? = hmmmmmmmmmmmm 3.

Is yours working okay?

Yes Thanks. Have 2 identical PN 6239. One with the original A7750 (not serviced yet) and another serviced & mod'ed with a Swiss Movement. Both keep excellent time, but obviously the serviced one has a much smother wind. Will service the other, before I wear it.