When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW's communication standards

alterego

Hi fellow members:

I've been waiting for David's comments on the failed delivery of a Tudor Montecarlo case, that I bought from him back in late March and despite the fact of having sent him several emails to the three addresses he used to contact me during the sale, he hasn't replied. This is long story so I apologize for taking so much space to narrate the events.

In march I decided to order from David a Monte Carlo case, to start a building project, so I posted a message in the General Forum asking advise on who to buy the case from. I received three replies, all of them from seasoned forum members, suggesting to buy from David. I took the advice and I wrote a message to the supplier and he agreed to sell me one for $ 190.00 plus $ 20 shipping. So I went ahead with the purchase and immediatly pay palled him the funds. It took about 3 or 4 days to get confirmation of receiving the funds. Confirmation was given with a message (all these are e mails) saying that he would ship the case via Registered Mail from HK as EMS service was not available to Chile. I answered that I'd rather have the package sent by DHL, as I needed the case quite urgently. He said OK, but I had to send him $ 50 to cover the shipping cost difference. I did and next day, he sent me a message saying that the shipping company he uses had sent the package by Registered Mail and it would take two to three weeks to get it. I said the heck, What can I do. So I waited and waited until on Monday 25 a package from Hong Kong is at my door. It reads Raxxx788xxxHK. I was so happy, it was a little more than two weeks, but it was here. I opened the box and what a disappointment. Intead of the Monte carlo case, inside, wrapped in bubble styrofilm there was a little electronic component that looks like a digital chrono display, like those found in digi analog quartz watches.

I was so dissapointed and Isent immediately a mail to David letting him know my frustration but ... no answer. I wrote him again a second message, thinking that maybe my first message did not reach him, but still no answer to my second intent either. I sent him again the message, from my other email address without results. I sent him aa thridd message today and so far, no answer.

Are David's communication skills that innefficient or is there something that I ddon't know about doing business with this highly respected seller ?

Can someone give me advice on what to do ?

Thank you for your patience and eventual comments.

best

wow that is beyond weird to end up with something he doesn't even sell!!

on the side note, i ordered from him end of february, and i am still waiting on some items, because some arrived damaged

my 6263 case came with a chrono pusher off, and stripped threading on the case

my 6263 newman dial had broken pins on the back

my tudor 7032 dial had broken pins on the back

my 6239 a7750 came with the chrono hours hand is not aligned, and it has the wrong clasp on.

waiting for rectification of the matter, on early april he gave me a registered number, it was traceable since 4/19. hoping that the issue is resolved for me

it does seem to take david a while to get things done.

Thats weird.

Maybe the watch case is hidden somewhere in the packaging and the digital thing is a decoy to get it through your customs????

Was it a box that seemed too large or was it just a small package?

I know the last time I ordered from DW it took about a month to receive it by registered mail, and I am in Canada, so maybe your actual item is still on the way.

Are David's communication skills that inefficient or is there something that I don't know about doing business with this highly respected seller ?

Short answer, yes. The language barrier is significant.

on the side note, i ordered from him end of February, and i am still waiting on some items, because some arrived damaged

I have been dealing with a reshipment of damaged parts going on 6 months now myself.

He responds to my inquires quickly, but then it is as if it goes off into LaLa Land. Sigh...

Hi fellow members:

I've been waiting for David's comments on the failed delivery of a Tudor Montecarlo case, that I bought from him back in late March and despite the fact of having sent him several emails to the three addresses he used to contact me during the sale, he hasn't replied. This is long story so I apologize for taking so much space to narrate the events.

In march I decided to order from David a Monte Carlo case, to start a building project, so I posted a message in the General Forum asking advise on who to buy the case from. I received three replies, all of them from seasoned forum members, suggesting to buy from David. I took the advice and I wrote a message to the supplier and he agreed to sell me one for $ 190.00 plus $ 20 shipping. So I went ahead with the purchase and immediatly pay palled him the funds. It took about 3 or 4 days to get confirmation of receiving the funds. Confirmation was given with a message (all these are e mails) saying that he would ship the case via Registered Mail from HK as EMS service was not available to Chile. I answered that I'd rather have the package sent by DHL, as I needed the case quite urgently. He said OK, but I had to send him $ 50 to cover the shipping cost difference. I did and next day, he sent me a message saying that the shipping company he uses had sent the package by Registered Mail and it would take two to three weeks to get it. I said the heck, What can I do. So I waited and waited until on Monday 25 a package from Hong Kong is at my door. It reads Raxxx788xxxHK. I was so happy, it was a little more than two weeks, but it was here. I opened the box and what a disappointment. Intead of the Monte carlo case, inside, wrapped in bubble styrofilm there was a little electronic component that looks like a digital chrono display, like those found in digi analog quartz watches.

I was so dissapointed and Isent immediately a mail to David letting him know my frustration but ... no answer. I wrote him again a second message, thinking that maybe my first message did not reach him, but still no answer to my second intent either. I sent him again the message, from my other email address without results. I sent him aa thridd message today and so far, no answer.

Are David's communication skills that innefficient or is there something that I ddon't know about doing business with this highly respected seller ?

hello your package hve problem that is not my problem that is post problem i send to you is 7032 case kit . I don't know why is what ecelectronic .this have two possibel one is post man stealing

one is your change because i don't see you open package You just send one Pics say is ecelectronic .But Is ok for this problem I send E-mail to you say Resend to you again . foer two day whithin Please waiting track number David

best

hello your package hve problem that is not my problem that is post problem i send to you is 7032 case kit . I don't know why is what ecelectronic .this have two possibel one is post man stealing

one is your change because i don't see you open package You just send one Pics say is ecelectronic .But Is ok for this problem I send E-mail to you say Resend to you again . foer two day whithin Please waiting track number David

Alter - Please send David the tracking number & keep your message brief (1-2 lines of simple text). I would also include 1 good, clear picture of what you received.

Please remember that English is not David's primary language & it is very difficult for him (& me) to decipher lengthy, detailed stories.

Thank you for responding to my call David. I hope we can communicate using the Personal Message system, which really works !!! I'd like to discuss with you responsibilities within the privacy of that mode.

Still, I have to say, it was you, not me who decided to send the case using Registered Mail. I wanted it sent DHL,and paid for this service, but somebody did the opposite, with vary bad results.

Still I need the Monte Carlo case and I hope you can send me one as I never got what I paid for.

Regards

Jaime

Thank you all for the feedback. I have sent David a Personal Message in response to his remarks. I hope he understands he cannot blame me for what happened as it was clearly his (or associates) decision not to ship DHL, sending the case by HK Post Registered Mail. with such a poor results.

Regards

wow that is beyond weird to end up with something he doesn't even sell!!

on the side note, i ordered from him end of february, and i am still waiting on some items, because some arrived damaged

my 6263 case came with a chrono pusher off, and stripped threading on the case

my 6263 newman dial had broken pins on the back

my tudor 7032 dial had broken pins on the back

my 6239 a7750 came with the chrono hours hand is not aligned, and it has the wrong clasp on.

waiting for rectification of the matter, on early april he gave me a registered number, it was traceable since 4/19. hoping that the issue is resolved for me

it does seem to take david a while to get things done.

To all collectors & buyers -

According to the US Postal Service, International Registered Mail (Registered mail sent TO the US from another country or from the US TO another country) may not be as secure as Registered Mail sent within the US. Apparently, unlike domestic Registered Mail, which is kept in locked containers & always signed-for by whoever handles it, international Registered Mail may not be. This means that your Registered Mail may be lost, tampered with or stolen once incoming mail arrives in the US or outgoing mail leaves the US.

This post refers to International Registered Mail ONLY.

Hi David:

Here are more pictures showing the box from every possible angle. The package shows no sign of tampering (broken or torn), customs declaration clearly stating "ELECTRONIC ACSESORIES" I Thoght this information would be useful assesing the situation regarding a possible postal carrier "theft"

post-1234-0-98187100-1304014394.jpg

post-1234-0-98107300-1304014539.jpg

post-1234-0-30950500-1304014669.jpg

post-1234-0-01692400-1304014672.jpg

post-1234-0-92460600-1304014681.jpg

post-1234-0-25346800-1304014941.jpg

post-1234-0-03717700-1304014948.jpg

post-1234-0-12882100-1304014990.jpg

This whole situation is weird, David doesn't even sell anything like that. Had to be the shipping company. Maybe someone else who ordered that part is scratching their head at the Tudor case.

Alterego,

I'm not sure I'd want a picture of my address posted here or anywhere on the internet, I would remove that one pic, personally.

Alterego,

I'm not sure I'd want a picture of my address posted here or anywhere on the internet, I would remove that one pic, personally.

+1

This whole situation is weird, David doesn't even sell anything like that. Had to be the shipping company. Maybe someone else who ordered that part is scratching their head at the Tudor case

lol

weird.

At least hes sending you another case set. Did his customs form say "electronic component" on it? That might be the problem. If they x-ray the package and see its a watch case and clearly NOT whats on the customs declaration, then someone at customs probably opened it and put that in there to screw with you. I would never send a watch case and put on the declaration that its something completely different. You would be asking for get it seized or stolen. I guess thats what the dealers do though. The last watch I ordered came in a small box marked "Birthday card" with zero $ value. I guarantee if they x-rayed it, i would have lost it. At least if you put "fashon watch" or "novelty watch" and if they x-ray it, at least they will see a watch inside there and prob not bother to open it. I guess things are different over there in China. Im sure they use whatever method gives the best success.

I hope your optimistic in "reading" of David's note turns out well and he sends me another set. I think I have proven the watch case was never in the box I received.

You are right, dealers commonly label packages with fantasy items. Electronic accsesories was not a good idea, although David is not to be blamed for this. The "mistake" (whatever it may have been)was made for those who shipped the package.

Thank you and all who have written about this for your support.

in .

weird.

At least hes sending you another case set. Did his customs form say "electronic component" on it? That might be the problem. If they x-ray the package and see its a watch case and clearly NOT whats on the customs declaration, then someone at customs probably opened it and put that in there to screw with you. I would never send a watch case and put on the declaration that its something completely different. You would be asking for get it seized or stolen. I guess thats what the dealers do though. The last watch I ordered came in a small box marked "Birthday card" with zero $ value. I guarantee if they x-rayed it, i would have lost it. At least if you put "fashon watch" or "novelty watch" and if they x-ray it, at least they will see a watch inside there and prob not bother to open it. I guess things are different over there in China. Im sure they use whatever method gives the best success.

Hi fellow members:

best

HELLO YOUR NEW 7032 CASE KIT HAVE RESEND TO YOU TODAY .TRACK NUMBER SEND TO YOU BOX YOU SURE WILL GET IT SOON .FOR SHIPPING PROBLEM THAT IS OUR BOTH RESPONSIBILITY NOT ME ONLY

BUT FOR THE FRIST TIME IS OK FOR YOU .SO YOU BUY FROM DW WATCH IS VERY SAFE .WELCOME AGAIN THANKS DAVID

MAY 1ST. 2011

DAVID: I HAVEN'T TOUCHED THE COMPUTER SINCE THURSDAY, AND TODAY I FOUND YOUR REPLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR DECISION TO SEND ME ANOTHER CASE. THAT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE AN HONEST SELLER, WHICH I NEVER DOUBTED. I LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THE TRACKING NUMBER. I'LL BE CHECKING MY MAIL AND MESSAGE BOX.

THANK YOU AGAIN.

BEST REGARDS

JAIME

HELLO YOUR NEW 7032 CASE KIT HAVE RESEND TO YOU TODAY .TRACK NUMBER SEND TO YOU BOX YOU SURE WILL GET IT SOON .FOR SHIPPING PROBLEM THAT IS OUR BOTH RESPONSIBILITY NOT ME ONLY

BUT FOR THE FRIST TIME IS OK FOR YOU .SO YOU BUY FROM DW WATCH IS VERY SAFE .WELCOME AGAIN THANKS DAVID

THANK YOU DAVID FOR THE NEW TRACKING NUMBER. I'LL BE WAITING FOR THE CASE COMING FROM CHINA THIS TIME. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING MY POINT OF VIEW AND STANDING FOR A FAIR BUSINESS POLICY.

REGARDS